Peace and quiet

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerHV

A) Any updates regarding silencing the pedestrian alert? Has anyone pulled the instrument panel fuse # 23 marked "pedestrian friendly alert" to see if it works?
B) Tire Rack shows "Michelin Premier A/S" as being highly rated for a quiet (and comfortable) ride. Does anyone have an opinion or even better suggestion? Now that some of you who have had these tires for a while, how is your milage now, after the initial break-in? (compared to stock tire mileage)
I'm looking for a peaceful and quiet ride but don't want to give up more than a few miles for it. (and it will be a great roadkill machine, too! Look out varmints!!!)

David

I've posted my experience for the Premier AS on GM-Volt.com for both my Volt and Spark EV. You do get initial loss on range but after a week for me the loss went away for the most part. The only feedback I can give objectively is my morning commute: I'm using about 0.2 to 0.3kw more for a 23-mile back country road commute. The Premier is an LRR tire so it shouldn't impact your efficiency much. I would love to have Pilot Sport AS but it's not LRR and doesn't come in our sizes.

Is that 0.2 to 0.3kwh more for the 23 miles? If so, then X4 for full battery charge = around 1%. That would be essentially unmeasurable in mixed driving. I'll check your Volt comments.
Thanks Casual (looking deeper @ silver 14'/"47")

David

Back