Software Update -- or not?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fengshui

Did anyone else get a software update in the last day or two? My climate controls were slightly different this morning. Specifically, the fan speed indicator has fewer bars than before, and the vent control was set to off rather than upper body. I was unable to select upper body (it remained in off) until I toggled into lower body and back to upper body. Those are the only changes I noticed so-far. Anyone else notice other changes?

My car reports a SW part number of 15.41-95281509. I would love to find release notes for this software somewhere.

Update: On my evening drive today, it was back to the way it's always been, with 8 bars in the fan speed indicator. Weird.

Electricbowtie said:
I have the same software version but I see no difference.

How many bars does your drop-down fan speed indicator show when you adjust fan speed while in the radio?

iletric said:
You mean to say that GM can do the Tesla thing and "wi-fi" update the car?

That's my theory. I've regularly manually managed the fan speed on my Spark since I've owned it. Before today, the fan speed indicator had lots of little bars (maybe 7 or 8). Now it has fewer, larger bars (5 or 6).

GM does have the OnStar connection to the car that allows them to pull performance data, miles driven, tire pressures and the like.

fengshui said:
GM does have the OnStar connection to the car that allows them to pull performance data, miles driven, tire pressures and the like.
But can they update software and/or firmware...?

I know Tesla did it recently by upping the vehicles' clearances off the ground due to those fires.

Back