Upgrade to Fast DC charging?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcar

I am being told by a Chevy dealer that a spark without Fast DC charge option can be upgraded with a new combo 1 plug. Can this be done?

It was done three or four times here in Quebec by an independant EV car repair shop. With original GM parts.

Takes 12 hours, and 2200$ Canadian dollars.

Cheers,
Jean-Francois

I had it installed by Garage Marc Julien in Trois-Rivières Québec Canada. Works fine three years after. Expensive but worth it considering the price I paid for my Spark at the time, which had only 19 000 Km.

I had it installed by Garage Marc Julien in Trois-Rivières Québec Canada. Works fine three years after. Expensive but worth it considering the price I paid for my Spark at the time, which had only 19 000 Km.
because the guy that installed it there worked for us before and left with our schematics... thanks for confirming it to me.

It was done three or four times here in Quebec by an independant EV car repair shop. With original GM parts.

Takes 12 hours, and 2200$ Canadian dollars.

Cheers,
Jean-Francois
Do you agree with the following statement about you:

Akarius: "the guy that installed [Spark EV DC Fast Charging] there [City of Trois-Rivières] worked for us [Véhicules Électriques Simon André , Ingenext] before and left with our schematics.

because the guy that installed it there worked for us before and left with our schematics... thanks for confirming it to me.
In a deleted thread the following statement was made:
Sylvain Belanger: "[Jean-Francois] probably tried to scam people"
Do you have any evidence for this in which you suspect noisette123?

Are you unable to perform upgrades if noisette123 left with your schematics? Were these schematics developed by other company members or solely by Jean-Francois? Has the company assumed ownership of these schematics, or was it developed by noisette123 and shared with the company? Are you speaking on behalf of the company? Does the company have a valid NDA with Jean-Francois for the methods of the DCFC upgrade? Are the schematics and procedures taken from the automaker's [GM] service manuals and AC Delco's serial programming subscriptions?

Back