Want to buy a Spark EV not made on Monday or a lemmon!

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenn

Being a conservative individual that makes George holler, would like to purchase a Spark EV. Live near the coast in central Ca. Send me a PM or call 831-444-7374. Please leave message with a phone number if no one is home. thanks kenn

Have you checked with Graham Chevrolet in Santa Barbara? They list two in-stock, and I had a good experience getting my 2LT there in August.

Hi Fengshui,
Thanks for the lead. Really looking for someone who had purchased a 2LT Spark EV that had some event occur that would sort of encouraged them to sell. Reasonable price cash offer would sure beat what a dealer would offer. I am just a very conservative individual with both feet on the ground.

Have you checked with Graham Chevrolet in Santa Barbara? They list two in-stock, and I had a good experience getting my 2LT there in August.

Report this post

kenn said:
Really looking for someone who had purchased a 2LT Spark EV that had some event occur that would sort of encouraged them to sell.

I get that, but it's a bit early yet! And you probably won't want anything bad enough to cause the likes of an early-adopter to dump the car!

You might be best off waiting until January when the Sparks with DC quick-charging start arriving at dealers. I expect that the dealers will have a tough time moving the non-QC ones at that point so may be willing to deal. Or if one of us early-adopters wants to get a QC-equipped one then needs to sell the non-QC one.

Pegasus said:
You might be best off waiting until January when the Sparks with DC quick-charging start arriving at dealers. I expect that the dealers will have a tough time moving the non-QC ones at that point so may be willing to deal. Or if one of us early-adopters wants to get a QC-equipped one then needs to sell the non-QC one.

That didn't really happen with the LEAF. It has always been offered with Quick Charge capability from day one (and now with over 300 places to actually charge it in the USA) and is still available without a QC port. About 90% of LEAFs, however, do have the CHAdeMO QC capability (and it won't work with Spark EV).

I can't imagine that there will be very many folks who would sell their Spark EV (or pay the fees for an early lease termination) to then buy another Spark EV with the GM/German specification QC port when almost zero of those stations exist in public to use.

Anybody with a 2 or 3 year lease on a Spark EV is in a great position to turn their car in at the end and look around and see if the QC infrastructure is viable to spend the extra money for a new car with that capability specific to the GM/German QC standard.

For instance, in three years, American car maker Tesla will have completely covered the USA / Canada with their Supercharger network (it won't work with Spark EV either) and will begin to offer their "Model E" car with 200 mile range for about $35k base price.

TonyWilliams said:
Pegasus said:
For instance, in three years, American car maker Tesla will have completely covered the USA / Canada with their Supercharger network (it won't work with Spark EV) and will begin to offer their "Model E" car with 200 mile range for about $35k base price.
That is exactly what I am hoping and waiting for. I'm afraid my Spark EV lease will end before the 'Model E' (if that is what it ends up being called) is available. Otherwise, I might need to extend the Spark lease for six months or look for something else.

kenn,

Use the filters on cars.com to your advantage.
That's how I found my used '14, with DCFC. That was the tricky part. I insisted the dealer sent a picture of the open charge door. (They lie..)
I only wanted one with the DCFC option. It's the future. There are 13 DCFC stations in my metro area.

Back