What's up with the owner's manual!?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaconzies

So I'm browsing through the owner's manual and quick reference guide and came across some peculiar images.

download.jpg

www.chevrolet.com+content+dam+Chevrolet+northamerica+usa+nscwebsite+en+Home+Ownership+Manuals+and+Videos+02_pdf+2014_Spark_EV_GTK_22921183_A.pdf.jpg

I realize that these are only demonstrations but it doesn't make sense to me why Chevy would have this high of range numbers in their examples. Especially in the 2nd image which looks like an actual picture of someone's dashboard. 82 miles at around half tank!? :eek:

I wonder if the prototype Spark EVs were able to get much better range than it's production version...

Wow, that top one is :shock:

..but the second picture is pretty normal for our SparkEV, we are rarely on freeways/highways and our range is usually guessed to be well over 120 max range when fully charged. I can imagine there are drivers out there with even better estimated range than us, as we are not very practiced yet at maxing our range.

Chaconzies said:
I realize that these are only demonstrations
I think that's exactly it. These aren't meant to be indications of what's achiveable, just examples to show how various items look. The top image shows all of the indicator lights and what triple-digit numbers would look like, (if it was a classic 7-segment display, they'd probably show 188,) and the bottom one showing what a partially-used battery gauge looks like. I suspect they have 82 as the middle number since that's the nominal range of the vehicle.

Back