Wheel recommendations for 6-1/2" F&R?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EldRitch

I'd like to get a set of lighter wheels for summer tires. I'd prefer to get a 15x6-1/2 for front and rear, and use a 195 up front, 205 rear.

What concerns me when I look at the "compatible" selection (for 2015 non-EV Spark) at the Tire Rack is that the offsets range from 38 to 42, and no wheels have offsets that are close to OEM on the rear wheels.

I'd appreciate help understanding the effect of the offset, and how changing it affects the fit and appearance in the wheel arches, and what would be the "right" offset using 6-1/2" wheels on our cars, with slighter wider tires. I'd particularly like to get a recommendation on TR wheels that are known to fit the EV.

No great wheel upgrades for this car, I guess, so I'll look for some used/reconditioned original wheels for winter, as new ones from Chevy are ~$400 each.

Used reconditioned stock wheels for the EV are readily available on eBay. These are generally reconditioned by lathing them to get the curb rash off and repainting to factory - same sort of thing any wheel repair shop would do. Since these also have to be spun up on a lathe to cut through the silver paint for the aluminum accents on the wheel, they have to be pretty well balanced.

I just bought a set of four OEM wheels (for winter tires) shipped, for less than half of what Chevy asks for new ones - about $600 for the set of four.

For the record, the part numbers for the stock wheels are 95024486 for the 6" ET45 front, and 95024487 for the 6.5" ET 54 rear.

Back