Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone interested in custom made lowering springs?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:57 am 

Quick update:

Nashco will help us with sending the stock springs sample to Bettes next week. I'm paying for the freight cost out of pocket.

Bettes indicated they won't be able to take the orders individually, so here's a dilemma: you can choose to trust me and send me the money beforehand, or I can risk my money first by paying a few grand up front and charge you a percentage to cover my financial risk, I may even buy a few more sets and sell it to others at a later date.

What do you guys suggest?

Current confirmed list:
Casualsurfer
Nashco (Bryce)
Rensupreme
Pcarrick
sTeeve (Bob K(

Maybe:
Norton
Solder

'15 Spark EV w/Michelin Premier A/S 195/55/15 all around

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:29 pm 

I don't expect anybody to carry debt on this endeavor. If we pay you with paypal or similar, we can always get a refund later if the deal doesn't materialize as long as it is within X days of the deal. That being the case, we'd need to agree on the payment method and pay at the moment the supplier needs paid so the springs are made and shipped within that X days.

For those on the "maybe" list, it sounds like this supplier won't make and ship these in single quantities. It sounds like it will be important to clarify their minimum order quantity to figure out of those maybes should be a yes or no.

Bryce

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:31 pm 

Nashco wrote:
I don't expect anybody to carry debt on this endeavor. If we pay you with paypal or similar, we can always get a refund later if the deal doesn't materialize as long as it is within X days of the deal. That being the case, we'd need to agree on the payment method and pay at the moment the supplier needs paid so the springs are made and shipped within that X days.

For those on the "maybe" list, it sounds like this supplier won't make and ship these in single quantities. It sounds like it will be important to clarify their minimum order quantity to figure out of those maybes should be a yes or no.

Bryce

This kind of sucks because I'm all the way on the east coast and Betts is in CA, which means the entire shipment comes east, and goes west again where most of Spark EV drivers are.

Any other participants want to chime in?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:40 am 

Casualsurfer wrote:
This kind of sucks because I'm all the way on the east coast and Betts is in CA, which means the entire shipment comes east, and goes west again where most of Spark EV drivers are.

Patrick and I are practically neighbors in Portland, which is already 2 out of 5 on the committed group. If Betts wants to ship the bulk to me, I can split up the order and re-ship as necessary (as long as everybody covers the shipping costs, obviously). This would also give me first crack at the springs, so we can install them on Patrick's car and check the fitment before shipping the rest of the order out in case there are any issues.

Bryce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:34 am 

Nashco wrote:
Casualsurfer wrote:

Patrick and I are practically neighbors in Portland, which is already 2 out of 5 on the committed group. If Betts wants to ship the bulk to me, I can split up the order and re-ship as necessary (as long as everybody covers the shipping costs, obviously). This would also give me first crack at the springs, so we can install them on Patrick's car and check the fitment before shipping the rest of the order out in case there are any issues.

Bryce

Thank you Bryce, I'll have Betts send the springs to you then. I can send you my own UPS shipping label, and I appreciate your offer to help split the shipments for us.

For other members: You can go to UPS.com and create your own shipping label and work with Nashco (Bryce) on your shipment.

Just an FYI: The stock springs are ready to be shipped to Betts for testing. I'll report back on status as it becomes available. Thanks again to Nashco for offering the stock springs for testing, we couldn't do this without his generous support.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:47 pm 

Casualsurfer wrote:
Nashco wrote:
Casualsurfer wrote:

Bryce

Thank you Bryce, I'll have Betts send the springs to you then. I can send you my own UPS shipping label, and I appreciate your offer to help split the shipments for us.

For other members: You can go to UPS.com and create your own shipping label and work with Nashco (Bryce) on your shipment.

Just an FYI: The stock springs are ready to be shipped to Betts for testing. I'll report back on status as it becomes available. Thanks again to Nashco for offering the stock springs for testing, we couldn't do this without his generous support.

I'm still in for a set.

-Bob K.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:59 pm 

Nashco wrote:
Casualsurfer wrote:

Bryce

I am also in Portland!
dibs dibs dibs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:42 pm 

How much will the final springs, plus any other necessary parts, come out to?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:24 am 

solder wrote:
How much will the final springs, plus any other necessary parts, come out to?

Once the springs sample arrives at Betts, and we agree on a spring rate, and the final tally of participants, I will get a final quote. There shouldn't be any "parts", just the springs, and whatever cost for shipping from Oregon. I don't anticipate this to be more than $400/set, based on what Betts told me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:42 pm 

Please count me in! Need stiffer/lower springs for sure!
mitechman47

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next