Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: List your miles and MPGe
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 pm 

agdodgerfan wrote:
Just wanted to post an update. I am now at 96,500 miles. Range usually says about 66 - 70 miles when I am fully charged. ...

You Da'Man !!! Keep it up!

Also what's your mile / kWh this time of year.
If you're like me, you don't have time to baby the car and drive slow.

When I do take the country road way home (slow), I'm greeted the next time with 76-78 miles on the GOM!
And that's with performance tires, at 52k miles on the clock. I DCFC maybe a few times a month at the most.
I will be putting the stock wheels and tires back on it at some point this summer just to check what the max range can be on the GOM.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:09 am 

NORTON wrote:
agdodgerfan wrote:
Just wanted to post an update. I am now at 96,500 miles. Range usually says about 66 - 70 miles when I am fully charged. ...

When I do take the country road way home (slow), I'm greeted the next time with 76-78 miles on the GOM!
And that's with performance tires, at 52k miles on the clock. I DCFC maybe a few times a month at the most.
I will be putting the stock wheels and tires back on it at some point this summer just to check what the max range can be on the GOM.

I am new to the Spark EV. When you say state your range (66-70), do you mean the max range, the min range or the range in the blue circle. We just received 2015 with about 19k miles and after the second full charge the max was 73 and the blue circle was 61. We did sit in it not moving with the AC on for a bit to try to figure things out. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:30 am 

Tim wrote:
NORTON wrote:
agdodgerfan wrote:

I am new to the Spark EV. When you say state your range (66-70), do you mean the max range, the min range or the range in the blue circle. We just received 2015 with about 19k miles and after the second full charge the max was 73 and the blue circle was 61. We did sit in it not moving with the AC on for a bit to try to figure things out. Thanks.

It will take a few charging cycles for the car to adjust to your driving style. I had a similar experience with my 2016 Spark EV I purchased used. As I recall, the blue ball read in the 60s when I bought it. I now see numbers over just over 100 in 70 degree weather with no heater or AC usage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm 

Hit 97,000 miles today. Over the last 1,000 miles my average on the dashboard says 4.5 mpkwh. 66 to 70 is what my blue circle says when I leave for work in the morning. Now for many you will get a better range than me. At 5am headed into orange county I usually drive 80 to the governed 90 mile per hour max. 25 mile trip to work I use about 45 to 49 percent of my battery. On my way home I have a lot of traffic and use about 32 to 38% of the battery. So far issued I have had are minimal. New 12 volt battery almost $200. Today when I went to buy my 5th set of tires, they advised my CV joint is leaking. Hoping it is covered under the 8 year /100k drivetrain warranty. Also replaced my rear tires for the 1st time. Looks like I need to replace rear shocks because there was cupping on one of the tires.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:01 pm 

Almost at the 100k mark. 99,800. Gonna run out of warranty this week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:36 am 

agdodgerfan wrote:
Almost at the 100k mark. 99,800. Gonna run out of warranty this week.

You Da'Man!

Did you ever get a free alignment check with the printed out results?
I'm not sure if weak shocks in the rear would result in cupping the tires.
If it does need some alignment adjustments this might result in better efficiency numbers and longer tire life!

I'm following your lead at 55k miles and plan on driving this car to the end!
I recently got the HPCM replaced under warranty and the recall for 'Range Estimation' and now I'm seeing much higher GOM numbers, even after driving it similar to your commuting (Just as fast but ~52 mile round trip.
I Capacity Checked the stock 12V battery and it is in great shape!
I'm driving around with a small motorcycle battery with adapter cables until I reinstall the original

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16