Battery failure dealer buyback?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebigueira

So my battery has finally bit the bullet and died after a long slow death. I have a 2016 2lt with dcfc and 51k miles. Threw the p0a7f code and the guessometer was a joke below 20 miles. Had it towed to the dealership and their tech confirmed that yes it needs a new one. The amazing part is that it that my car is still under the factory powertrain warranty until June this year. Talk about cutting it close. Now I have the option of selling may car to gm corporate buyback or wait up to 4-5 months for a new battery either way they have provided me with a rental car for they time being. What would you do? How much is my spark worth. It has smoked tail lights black racing stripe decals and a kicker comp stereo speaker upgrade everything works as it should and with a new battery what would that be worth. I think either way I'm done with the car and selling it is best for me. I have owned it since 2019 and put 20k miles on it. What a wonderful car. My last question is to those who have sold their cars to gm buyback how much was your offer and how long did it take? Sorry for such a long post.

Back