Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am
Posts: 833
Location: Manteca, California
CSW wrote:
MrDRMorgan wrote:
I really did not care as I had already made up my mind to turn in the car at the end of the lease. The contract wanted $14.7k for the car at the end of the lease. Cargurus.com advertised the same car, same year, same options and same mileage for $8k to $10K. This is a no-brainer to me. Besides, I already own a 2014 and 2016 Spark EV. The 2015 Spark EV was first and I learned what I needed to know about the care and feeding of Spark EVs using this car.


I did not mean to offend, I just meant to see what they would say, for research purposes.

No offense taken. I have read a number of postings on this forum indicating dealers were not willing to do much negotiating of the lease-contract sales price at lease turn-in. I just figured I would run into the same thing and I really did not need the car. Once I arrived at the dealer and got in contact with a financial person who knew what he was doing, I was done and gone in 5 minutes. Do I miss "Sparky". Sure, it was a great little car that performed superbly. But, I still have 2 more great Spark EVs at home that are already mine and both are performing superbly too.

However, if I knew how, I would track Sparky by VIN number and see if I could find out how much Sparky sells for at wholesale auction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:19 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Medford, OR
My lease is up in September - got my letter, called GM Finance and was told "we do not negotiate."

Huh, well, so much for my beloved Sparky, I am not paying $14,000 for a car worth $10,000 at best.

What is the turn-in process as far as the dealer is concerned? I turn the car back in to the dealer, how much hands-on do they have? Is it possible to negotiate with the dealer or does the car just go directly to auction?

_________________
2015 Spark 2LT DC, Silver Ice (lease)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am
Posts: 833
Location: Manteca, California
ReddyKilowatt wrote:
My lease is up in September - got my letter, called GM Finance and was told "we do not negotiate."

Huh, well, so much for my beloved Sparky, I am not paying $14,000 for a car worth $10,000 at best.

What is the turn-in process as far as the dealer is concerned? I turn the car back in to the dealer, how much hands-on do they have? Is it possible to negotiate with the dealer or does the car just go directly to auction?

Kiss "Sparky" goodbye! You need to set up a wear and tear inspection appointment about 45 days prior to the end of your lease to have Sparky inspected. This will establish whether your Spark EV has excessive wear and tear or not and what damage you may be required to pay for. Be sure your tires have more than 4/32" tread remaining. I had to replace both front tires on my 2015 Spark EV.

Once the inspection has been completed and near the date when your lease ends, you will need to set up and appointment with the dealer where you plan to surrender Sparky. If the dealer is on top of the turn-in process, it should not take more than 10 minutes to surrender Sparky. Be sure to kiss Sparky goodbye!

7 months prior to my turn-in date, and because I knew GM would not negotiate on price, I purchased a used, low-mileage (6500 miles), 2016 Spark EV to replace the 2015 Spark EV I was turning in. So far, the 2016 Spark EV has been free of any problems and is running great. Just yesterday, I completed a 150 mile round trip in 100+ deg. F weather. Yes, the AC was cranked up. Still, I averaged 5.0 mi / kWh at freeway speeds of 60-65 mph.

Note: The HV battery capacity for my 2016 Spark EV with 10.5k miles on the ODO is currently 16.6 kWh. This value was obtained through the OBD2 port in the car by using an OBDLink MX adapter and the TorquePro APP. Many thanks to boatbum1 for posting how to do this on this forum. I installed TorquePro on my old Nexus 7 tablet running Android 5.1.1 and it works great.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:37 am
Posts: 182
Location: Sacramento,CA
[quote="ReddyKilowatt"]My lease is up in September - got my letter, called GM Finance and was told "we do not negotiate."

quote]

Who there told you this? Some random customer service rep?
This makes no sense for GM to do this......
A used Spark WILL NOT sell for over 10k.
I am going to call them when I get my letter and ask for a supervisor.

I would really like to keep my 2015, but the paperwork says like 14.5k to buy....

As a side note, the buyout on my 2016 Spark is 10k.

Why?! They are the same car!!


Last edited by CSW on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am
Posts: 833
Location: Manteca, California
CSW wrote:
ReddyKilowatt wrote:
My lease is up in September - got my letter, called GM Finance and was told "we do not negotiate."

quote]

Who there told you this? Some random customer service rep?
This makes no sense for GM to do this......
A used Spark WILL NOT sell for over 10k.
I am going to call them when I get my letter and as for a supervisor.

I would really like to keep my 2015, but the paperwork says like 14.5k to buy....

As a side note, the buyout on my 2016 Spark is 10k.

Why?! They are the same car!!

I turned in my leased 2015 Spark EV rather than keep it for the same reason - the buyout was way too high. So, I searched for and found a low mileage 2016 Spark 2LT and bought it for considerably less than the buyout price for the 2015 Spark EV. So far, the 2016 seems to be better than the 2015.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:22 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Davis, California
Eventually you will receive a bill for the "disposition fee." It's either $395 or $595, I don't recall. They will waive this if you lease another GM car. I've also heard that they will waive excess wear/mileage up to a point if you lease another GM car.

_________________
2018 Chevy Volt Premier, Green Mist
2017 Honda Clarity Hydrogen Fuel Cell, Crystal Black Pearl
2010 Toyota Prius 2, Pearl White


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:11 am
Posts: 27
I just set up my inspection appointment. I am 76 miles away from the dealer. When I picked up my Spark, I made it home downhill with 10 miles to spare. Going back is uphill so I'll have to stop and charge in between. Then find a CCS station to charge up after the inspection so I can make it home. Probably need to stop and charge along the way again as well. What a hassle!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am
Posts: 833
Location: Manteca, California
fr100 wrote:
I just set up my inspection appointment. I am 76 miles away from the dealer. When I picked up my Spark, I made it home downhill with 10 miles to spare. Going back is uphill so I'll have to stop and charge in between. Then find a CCS station to charge up after the inspection so I can make it home. Probably need to stop and charge along the way again as well. What a hassle!

Don't you have an option to have the inspection done at your home? I did and I took advantage of it. Make sure your tires have a minimum of 4/32 inches of tread left or you will have to replace any tire that doesn't.

If your lease was through GM Financial, you can arrange to turn in your leased vehicle at your closest Chevy dealer. My lease dealer, Winter Chevrolet, is 70 miles from my home. So, I arranged to turn in my car at American Chevrolet located 17 miles from my home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:11 am
Posts: 27
MrDRMorgan wrote:
fr100 wrote:
I just set up my inspection appointment. I am 76 miles away from the dealer. When I picked up my Spark, I made it home downhill with 10 miles to spare. Going back is uphill so I'll have to stop and charge in between. Then find a CCS station to charge up after the inspection so I can make it home. Probably need to stop and charge along the way again as well. What a hassle!

Don't you have an option to have the inspection done at your home? I did and I took advantage of it. Make sure your tires have a minimum of 4/32 inches of tread left or you will have to replace any tire that doesn't.

If your lease was through GM Financial, you can arrange to turn in your leased vehicle at your closest Chevy dealer. My lease dealer, Winter Chevrolet, is 70 miles from my home. So, I arranged to turn in my car at American Chevrolet located 17 miles from my home.


Thanks for the tip. Mine is through GM Financial. I'll ask the dealer if I can do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is being offered at end of lease?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am
Posts: 833
Location: Manteca, California
fr100 wrote:
MrDRMorgan wrote:
fr100 wrote:
I just set up my inspection appointment. I am 76 miles away from the dealer. When I picked up my Spark, I made it home downhill with 10 miles to spare. Going back is uphill so I'll have to stop and charge in between. Then find a CCS station to charge up after the inspection so I can make it home. Probably need to stop and charge along the way again as well. What a hassle!

Don't you have an option to have the inspection done at your home? I did and I took advantage of it. Make sure your tires have a minimum of 4/32 inches of tread left or you will have to replace any tire that doesn't.

If your lease was through GM Financial, you can arrange to turn in your leased vehicle at your closest Chevy dealer. My lease dealer, Winter Chevrolet, is 70 miles from my home. So, I arranged to turn in my car at American Chevrolet located 17 miles from my home.


Thanks for the tip. Mine is through GM Financial. I'll ask the dealer if I can do that.

Great! Be sure to review the guide GM should have sent to you. GM wants the inspection completed 45 days before turning the car in. I didn't have to pay anything but another forum member indicated there may be a disposition fee too. He said it might be $395 to $595.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
© Chevy Spark EV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group