California Clean Air Rebate

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c208driver

To those who are curious, here is the breakdown of how long it took for the California rebate to come.

Applied online: 12/4/14
Documents received: 12/9/14
Application approved: 1/8/15
Check mailed: 1/16/15
Check received: 1/20/15

This was for the $2500 rebate.

KoreanMuscle said:
What region in California do you live in?
I got mine in 6 weeks, too. It was a great, easy, experience, and they communicated well. Still waiting for the HOV stickers, though. Granted, I HATE having to put them on the car.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm in the SF Bay Area. Half Moon Bay.

I called the CHP and they told me I'm only required to put one on the left rear bumper. So I took the little sticker and placed it as low as I could in the bumper. Luckily it's the white sticker so it doesn't look half bad.

I live in the Sacramento area

c208driver said:
I called the CHP and they told me I'm only required to put one on the left rear bumper. So I took the little sticker and placed it as low as I could in the bumper. Luckily it's the white sticker so it doesn't look half bad.

I live in the Sacramento area

Are you sure? I would assume on the right side of the bumper makes more sense since that's the side they can see your car while on the carpool lane.

Bottom line is that I have a sticker displayed and when I got then in the mail, there were no instructions on the number required or placement. If the cop wants to argue about it in court, we will see who wins.

I'm still waiting on plates so I haven't applied for the rebate or stickers yet. Personally I have no use for the carpool stickers, but I'll put them on the car anyway cause I think they look cool. :D

c208driver said:
Bottom line is that I have a sticker displayed and when I got then in the mail, there were no instructions on the number required or placement. If the cop wants to argue about it in court, we will see who wins.
I have mine in my hand and they clearly say where to place them.

"1. Please place the large stickers on rear quarter panels - one on each side of the vehicle, behind the wheel wells, with the State Seal in the up position". And
"2. Please place the small sticker on the right side of the rear bumper, with the State Seal in the up position".

I wouldn't risk it. The fine is massive. Personally, I may not even put mine on. I don't drive the freeways during commute hours that much. MAybe the MORONS in the legislature will see fit to creating LICENSE PLATES for EV's. Idiots. I'll bet none of them have an EV, or they would be doing this in a heartbeat.

KoreanMuscle said:
FYI there is no need to wait for your plates to come in.

On the DMV application, it ask for both Plate and VIN... although I know some dealers had the carpool stickers ordered ahead of time..
maybe you can explain to us how that works...

c208driver said:
Again, if any cop tries to screw with me regarding placement of my stickers, they won't win. Period.
Good luck with that. I recall receiving instructions stating where they should be placed AND they're also listed at #23 of https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal.

Back