Service engine light

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

2015 had since Dec, 4000 miles. Just showed Service engine light, contacted OnStar and was advised its in the charging circuit. We have had no problems but over last 3 days had the charge delayed by a few minutes after plugging in. Anyone else had similar problems.

GaryC said:
2015 had since Dec, 4000 miles. Just showed Service engine light, contacted OnStar and was advised its in the charging circuit. We have had no problems but over last 3 days had the charge delayed by a few minutes after plugging in. Anyone else had similar problems.

Disconnect the 12 V battery for a while and see if that resets anything. If not, then you have a failing circuit.

Hmmm... Do you have any more details?

Did the light turn on immediately when you started it or midway (during operation)?

Has the light stayed on since or turned off?

Did Onstar give you a specific error code? ( I know some people on the forum have the service manual, they might be able to help you troubleshoot.

In the meantime I'd try the battery reset. The Spark has so far been a great dependable car for most people, but it does have some software quirks that can display serious seeming errors but sometimes that can be fixed just be resetting the computer in the car via the battery reset.

Best of luck!

So I reset the battery on Monday and haven't had any problems since. Great suggestion. Thanks

Back