Switching From Celsius to Fahrenheit...

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quaman26 said:
Update on this issue for me. I brought in my newly leased Spark EV with this problem to have the rear wiper fixed. I brought this up and they researched it and ended up updating the radio firmware which fixed the problem. So next time you are in for any service, just tell your dealer and they should be able to fix it with an update.

Quaman26, Could you Please post a # or something I can give to my dealer to find that firmware update? It seems that many dealers can't find the update in question.

I just got my car back from the dealer today. They updated the software to version 16.31-42354648 and the C/F issue is gone. The paperwork referenced a service bulletin which I'll post tomorrow. I unfortunately left the paperwork at my office.

Here's what it says on the service order:

PER BULLETIN #PI457 TECH REPROGRAMMED RADIO WITH USB (UF7). MDI AND RETEST PASSED COMPLETED.

Quality Chevrolet in Escondido, Ca.

http://www.qualitychevy.com/

They got it done quickly and washed the car for me too, so it was a good experience.

UPDATE: Just got back from picking mine up for this issue and I hope it is now solved. The tech notes on my sheet were as follows:

"CHECK VEHICLE FOUND OUTSIDE TEMP READING AT CELSIUS ON START UP CHECK SI FOUND DOC #4109861 RADIO UPDATE. REPROGRAM AND UPDATE RADIO"

In checking the software version it has been updated to 16.31-42354648.

Hope this helps someone else having this problem. Total actual work time for them was listed as 22 minutes so its a fast update once the tech actually is working on the vehicle.

StephenVL said:
I am in the same boat. I have had my 2015 Spark EV for less than two weeks. I have been through the manual and through every menu I can find and have not been able to find anyplace to change the temperature display to Fahrenheit.
Very frustrating.

StephenVL

Don't think I saw a response in the thread and I was having the same problem-- in fact the dealer couldn't figure it out either when I bought the car..

Turns out it is changed on the main driver display, not the console settings. If you turn the dial next to the drivers display you should find a "settings" window, and pushing the button should let you change the units between US, imperial, and metric. For some reason, if I want it to change to US from metric, I need to change it a couple of times (I can't just select US-- I need to select metric, and then select US, and of course if the power goes off it reverts back to metric).

Back