Onstar has followed up with me after I recently refreshed my case # and reconnected with the representative handling my case. She (Cheryl) let me know that the case for this particular issue affecting all Spark EV owners is in "Defect" status with no current end date or fix. They are dilligently working on it, but there is simply no solution at this point.
My representative disclosed to me that the issue is remaining in the defect status to allow more Spark EV owners to gather into the "funnel" / grouping so they (System Engineers / Level 3 team) have more examples that they can work with.
For anyone reading this who has experienced a loss in functionality for the app, please contribute your experience and data into the issue funnel so we can get this defect resolved for everyone. More personal accounts are requested!
Some options to get connected to the team:
- Press Onstar Button in car to talk to agent, or,
- Call the Toll free number: 888-4-ONSTAR -> after prompt press 3 for "Technical"
After getting through to technical, describe what you are experiencing. Some descriptive talking points are:
Vehicle status category is missing the following telemetry:
- EV range (distance and state of charge)
- charge status (unplugged or plugged in, estimated time until finished)
- and Efficiency (lifetime / since full charge)
- Provide phone model (In my case Ulefone Armor 9)
- Operating system (Android 10 in my case), and,
- Carrier (in my case Freedom Mobile).
Providing this information in one session will save you from dealing with multiple callbacks to collect the necessary information.