Lowest full charge range estimate?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emotodude

Just curious who's got the lowest Fully Charged Range Estimate? I commute "very" aggressively, I have to, morning rush hour is like 80mph. I only have about 30 miles to work and I can re-charge there so I really put the hammer down ;p Combined with cold weather and associated climate control usage and such I've been getting 68-69 miles estimated range on a full pack.

Please note, I am not complaining, the car is performing just as it should and I can extract a lot more range when I need to. It's just too much fun to drive it conservatively unless I have to. I consider it a "badge of honor" to see who can "punish" this poor little cars range into submission :)

I've been autocrossing recently, and made note of my consumption during the event...but didn't take any snapshot of the range estimate after the next charge. I'll try to remember next time.

For reference, the recent autocross event yielded 1.2 mi/kWh over 3.29 miles. I started the event (after using 0.9 kWh to travel from home to the track) with a max/min range of 100/67 and ended with 64/45. A good example of the guessometer strategy in action.

Bryce

Nice job antagonizing your range estimator :) I also want to autocross my Spark EV, how'd yours do? Figure out how to turn off the stability control or anything? Any mods? I will be entering the refuel TT at Laguna Seca with my Spark this year and I'd love to have this thing dialed in a bit better before then. I want to beat up on the leafs and fiat500e, and if I can beat even one tesla I'll die a happy man ;p

After a hard nights flogging in cold/crappy conditions I had a mere 62 miles faull charge range estimated this morning.

My commute is 42 miles a day. So... I beat the piss out of the accelerator.

I'll report back after a week or so what my indicator says. But I've already seen it around low 60s.

crash said:
My commute is 42 miles a day. So... I beat the piss out of the accelerator.

I'll report back after a week or so what my indicator says. But I've already seen it around low 60s.

The lowest I've seen so far is 106 miles.

emotodude said:
I will be entering the refuel TT at Laguna Seca with my Spark this year and I'd love to have this thing dialed in a bit better before then. I want to beat up on the leafs and fiat500e, and if I can beat even one tesla I'll die a happy man ;p

Lowest range LEAF: 0.8 miles per kWh over 6 miles; estimated range, 0.8 x 21 = 16.8 miles !!!

The best Nissan LEAF time at Laguna Seca that i'm aware of is 2:02. Here's me in my totally stock 2012 LEAF (including recommended 36psi in the stock Bridgestone Ecopia "no grip" tires):

Laguna Seca, "Refuel 2012", July 1, 2012, 12:19pm group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8YhXv-EnPk

July-01-2012-SpeedVenturesRefuelCars1030amCLI_8278.jpg

July-01-2012-SpeedVenturesRefuelCars1219pmCLI_0672.jpg
]

July-01-2012-SpeedVenturesRefuelCars1219pmCLI_0558.jpg

July-01-2012-SpeedVenturesRefuelCars1219pmIMG_5596.jpg

Hey TW,

Heh, I disqualify your results on 2 counts.

A. it's a leaf
B. it's extrapolated. I could stand on the pedal for 5 seconds and extrapolate that out to some ungodly low M/kWh.

I've been out at Refuel the last 3 years on Zero's and last time I also ran an electric kart @ 1:48! I doubt I'll beat that with the Spark but I'll try :)

emotodude said:
Hey TW,

Heh, I disqualify your results on 2 counts.

A. it's a leaf
B. it's extrapolated. I could stand on the pedal for 5 seconds and extrapolate that out to some ungodly low M/kWh.

I've been out at Refuel the last 3 years on Zero's and last time I also ran an electric kart @ 1:48! I doubt I'll beat that with the Spark but I'll try :)

I hope to get out there again this year. Probably drive the Rav4 EV, or a Model S. I dont think a Model S will do 1:48 !!! That's quick.

We have several of the Zero motorcycles in this year's BC2BC-2014 rally starting August 9. I toured the ZERO factory last summer; lots of cool stuff getting worked on. I really like the DS style bike, and rode that around the block last summer during Teslive in San Jose.

@Tony, is there a source online to get some of the stickers you have? Specifically the electric interstate one. That's a pretty cool sticker.

jay5729 said:
@Tony, is there a source online to get some of the stickers you have? Specifically the electric interstate one. That's a pretty cool sticker.

The sticker package on my 2012 LEAF (long gone, BTW) was a custom wrap. The interstate stickers are from the West Coast Electric Highway.

The company that developed our website at www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org also developed that image.

Back