Making car more visible

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmikmik

I don't know if it's a function of just been a small car or the color, but it seems the drivers sometimes don't see me, or pretend they don't see me.
I had the very similar thing happening twice today. As I was changing lanes another driver just squeezed their vehicle right ahead of me. Both times without showing the turn signal, but it seems to be irrelevant, they just saw nothing where I was (my car) :roll:
I've had plenty of times people cut me off, but it seems that did not happen that often when I drove a Lincoln or a Lexus, even a Camry demanded more respect. This car is just treated like a golf cart :)
Maybe I should start driving even slower, that should pi$$ them off even more.
Considering adding reflective tape to the top portions of the A and C maybe B pillars for a better nighttime visibility, but for the daytime they are pretty much useless unless in bright orange and I don't think it would be legal in California.

I had the same problem with my other. NEw car a bright orange honda fit we called it my stealth car. So the spark ev is also Stealth.

karenspolly said:
I had the same problem with my other. NEw car a bright orange honda fit we called it my stealth car. So the spark ev is also Stealth.

"Bright orange stealth" sounds like an oxymoron... but now I am a bit worried about my daughter driving the second Sparky. btw, i think Honda just announced a safety recall for the Fit, you may want to check it out.
Anyone aware of any traffic laws prohibiting reflective tape been applied to the car?

Back