2x4x8ft test ?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you need to close the hatch ?
Sorry for my ignorance but I have not ever heard of the 2x4 test.

I would think the question would be... can you haul a bunch of 2x4's that are 8-10 feet and be able to drive without it touching the guys windshield BEHIND you :)

tigger19687 said:
Why do you need to close the hatch ?
Sorry for my ignorance but I have not ever heard of the 2x4 test.

I would think the question would be... can you haul a bunch of 2x4's that are 8-10 feet and be able to drive without it touching the guys windshield BEHIND you :)
I think it's a valid question/test (and yes there is such a thing) especially for someone who would be thinking of buying a car like this and don't have another/bigger vehicle.
As far as the answer to the OP question, yes it does fit two 2x4 barely but it does, actually with couple of inches to spare in the back, so it would NOT touch the glass :D but.... there always a but, you are forced to place the 2x4 on top of the front right speaker and tight to the front windshield.
so, doable? - yes
am I ever doing it? - probably not

Here's a few of mine:
"You can't take your car on the highway can you?" (Love that one!)
"Can that many people ride in your car?" (I was offering to take a total of 4 people including me.)
"Will it go that far?" (I was just going back and forth to a town 25 miles away.)
"Can it go highway speeds?" (Give me a break. It's a REAL car for goodness sake!)

rihmjihm said:
Here's a few of mine:
"You can't take your car on the highway can you?" (Love that one!)
"Can that many people ride in your car?" (I was offering to take a total of 4 people including me.)
"Will it go that far?" (I was just going back and forth to a town 25 miles away.)
"Can it go highway speeds?" (Give me a break. It's a REAL car for goodness sake!)
Don't forget the classic upon realizing it's fully electric, "Oh! It's like a golf cart then"

It's an interesting question to me, too, as I used my Mercedes C230 2-door hatchback sports coupe and did exactly that - though they were 8' split beam fence posts. They rested on the dashboard and were a perfect fit diagonally through the car and almost touched the back window. I don't think the Spark will manage that, but I think it will work with a 6 footer. Maybe 7'. Not that that's a lot of help.

Back