6.2 Miles per KWh Average

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecilopaveht

Ok so today after a week with my Spark EV and learning the best driving practices, I have achieved 6.2 miles Per kWh! This is the best I have done yet. To accomplish this I stayed on city streets avoiding the highway, which turned out to be 10 miles shorter then taking the highway.

Conditions 58-65 degrees, did not exceed 50mph, acceleration under 15 kW, light rain. I do have to climb an elevation of 500 ft. to where I work but make it back up on the way home.

It added about 15 min to my trip to work. I am on the road at 5am so its light traffic. This is not something I will do every day, just trying to see how much I could squeeze out of it. This is the best I have seen yet, has anyone got more miles per kWh?

Nope. We don't exactly drive 25 mph in Ca. I try to keep it at 63 and get about 4.3-4.6 average. Hills involved.

I've gotten as high as 6.5 on my AM commute because I'm dropping about 700 ft net elevation over the ~15 miles. Going home the best I can get is low 4's because I'm climbing. My best overall efficiency for a complete 30 mile round trip commute has been 5.1. That's in cold but not freezing weather, not using any climate control (shivering for science!) and not exceeding 55 mph (late to work for science!).

To get the total efficiency over the entire commute, rather than the single segment provided by the post-drive This Trip reading or the 5-mile slices provided by the Energy History graph, I reset the trip odometer (press and hold Select button) before I leave in the AM and then look at the overall efficiency over the full trip odometer mileage when I get home.

Back