Anyone extending their lease after it ends? $?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoltEV

Just wondering if anyone decided to extend their lease beyond due date and what terms were offered? Mine is ending mid November and I am contemplating on extending it while waiting for the Bolt to arrive.

US Bank has been calling and calling me to find out what I was going to do at the end of the lease (not until late Feb - please stop calling until January). I told them it would depend upon what I thought of the Bolt when it comes out. Since I might want to wait until deals become available on the Bolt I asked about extending and they told me they, at most, they would grant three extensions of two months each. Also I was told the purchase price was around $10,500.

emv said:
US Bank has been calling and calling me to find out what I was going to do at the end of the lease (not until late Feb - please stop calling until January). I told them it would depend upon what I thought of the Bolt when it comes out. Since I might want to wait until deals become available on the Bolt I asked about extending and they told me they, at most, they would grant three extensions of two months each. Also I was told the purchase price was around $10,500.

Residuals are a little bit lower now. 37% of MSRP on the standard 36mo/45,000 miles. 39% for 36,000 miles or 40% for 30,000. 39 month are 2% lower. 48 month 60k is 30%.

So a new 45k lease has a $9900 buyout on a $27,135 car (2LT, fast charge, not black).

Seems US Bank has different answers for lease extension (SparkieVee and emv). Wonder what their criteria is if any? Or is it just dependent on the "mood" of the representative that day :roll:

Thanks for the info all!

Wasn't it US Bank that a forum member called 20 times over a period of several months before he was offered the right price on his buyout at lease end? (I might be thinking Volt forum)

EDIT: Yep, it was a Volt, not a Spark:
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?259601-US-Bank-off-lease-negotiation-2014-Volt-31k-miles

How do you guys know to deal with US Bank? My lessor is listed as ACAR Leasing and my payments are made to GM Financial.

Back