Anyone look into rust proofing?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernSpark

Just took delivery less than a week ago (bought it used from an independent dealer), and living in Canada where we use a fair bit of salt in the winter, was thinking about rust proofing and whether it would be recommended (or even possible) for the Spark? My other vehicle is a Prius and while I didn't get that rust proofed, I have never seen a rusted Prius to be honest, so I am not all that worried, and the dealer didn't even offer it at the time of sale. Toyota does not recommend

Has anyone else looked into rust proofing?

I too am concerned with this problem.
I recently had new performance tires installed and I got to look over the wheel wells and the bottom of this car.

Holiguacomoli, there are SO many nooks and crannies for water and salty slush to get into in the wheel wells alone.
If you want to see what I'm talking about turn the front wheels fully and lay down and look around the front wheel wells.

I have a plan of attack. I'll post about it later,,,

I have never looked underneath the vehicle, nor have I ever seen it on a hoist, but I remember hearing or reading somewhere that the underbody is sealed or at least covered up (supposedly to protect the battery from impacts)? Obviously the wheel wells have exposure and are the main way salt can get at the body, but I am hoping that the underbody covering will help minimize salt damage/rust on the other areas.

Back