are Chevy service persons clueless?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

We have a 2014 Spark EV which we purchased 18 months ago used with 3500 miles. It has worked just fine and we are quite happy with it. 2 months ago I was unable to reset the charging option from immediate to anything else. Dealer said bring it in. Trip 1: change the communication module, 4 days then 1 week to get the part. Trip 2: now the "conduit" is not working, 1 week to get the part. Trip 3: Need to replace the antenna, 1 week to get the part. Trip 4: Now it works! My question is whether the mechanic is clueless because he/she can't diagnose the entire system or the car is so badly designed the system cannot be analyzed. It was on warranty so no cost to me other than time and annoyance. It seems unlikely that all three parts were bad so someone wasted a bunch of money.

Have others had similar service experiences with the dealer apparently trying this or that until it works again? It's still under warranty so I have to go to the dealer.

First car? :lol:

Seriously, this is how troubleshooting is often done. Modern automobiles are extremely complex, and troubleshooting can be "best guess." Seems like your dealer kept at it until they found the solution for you. Why the disrespect?

You tell them the symptoms, they try all possible solutions until it is fixed. Sometimes it may take a few tries, especially with a car they do not see very often and an issue that is not very common.

Not to scare you, but this is basically how doctors often do their jobs too. ;) I wouldn't call doctors clueless.

Back