Best dealers for repairs, in San Francisco Bay Area?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sross222

There are a couple of things that need repair on my 6 month old Spark EV (front door doesn't close easily, fast charger doesn't work with most stations).

I've twice tried taking my car to Boardwalk Chevrolet in Redwood City, but after consistently bad service experiences, I'm ready to try someplace else.

Does anyone have a dealer you'd recommend which makes it easy to schedule service, doesn't bungle parts orders and knows how to fix these cars?

I live in Palo Alto and work in San Francisco.

Thanks!

Sross222 said:
fast charger doesn't work with most stations).
I can't comment on your dealer, but have you tried this fix? When you find a good dealer, ask them to do it. It made a world of difference for me.

http://sparkev.blogspot.com/2015/09/solution-problem-with-dc-fast-charge.html

SparkevBlogspot said:
Sross222 said:
fast charger doesn't work with most stations).
I can't comment on your dealer, but have you tried this fix? When you find a good dealer, ask them to do it. It made a world of difference for me.

http://sparkev.blogspot.com/2015/09/solution-problem-with-dc-fast-charge.html

They wouldn't do that fix. Instead ordered a whole new charger but then said they were missing some bolts so couldn't install it. I'm definitely considering filing it down myself...but figured since my car is under warrantee I should have a dealer look at it first.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the GM Technical Service Bulletin showing this modification and how to perform it with a file.

Sross222 said:
They wouldn't do that fix.
That "fix" is GM service bulletin as I point out in the blog post. If they're not doing what GM is recommending, you need to change dealers.

I don't recommend you do file down yourself unless the car is out of warranty (ie, salvage title). Any mishap could cost you tons of money to fix.

Back