Bosch Power Max EVSE - extra ports?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegasus

I just received my Bosch Power Max EL-51253 (the 30A one...I plan to hack more charging capability into my Spark later on.) I noticed that in the compartment where you connect the power line, there is an RJ-45 jack and a 4-pin header. Has anyone sniffed around these to see what they're for? The manual doesn't mention anything of course. (I'm hoping the RJ-45 is a network port, but it could just as well be a serial port for dignostics/firmware.)

So I cracked it open and discovered two things: the RJ-45 port is indeed a network jack (I don't know if it is enabled though as I haven't installed the EVSE yet,) and this is actually a re-branded Delta EVSE

So I plan to connect a network cable once I've applied power to the unit and see if it tries to get an IP address from my router's DHCP server. If so, I'll try browsing & telnetting to that address. If anyone else tries before I do, let us know here how it goes.

Pegasus said:
So I cracked it open and discovered two things: the RJ-45 port is indeed a network jack (I don't know if it is enabled though as I haven't installed the EVSE yet,) and this is actually a re-branded Delta EVSE

So I plan to connect a network cable once I've applied power to the unit and see if it tries to get an IP address from my router's DHCP server. If so, I'll try browsing & telnetting to that address. If anyone else tries before I do, let us know here how it goes.

I'm curious what you found out?

Pegasus said:
...I plan to hack more charging capability into my Spark later on...

Really??

The onboard water-cooled charger in the Spark EV is rated for 3.3 kW with a 240 VAC input. 1.3 kW @ 120 VAC. Same as the Volt.
Do you really think you can hack this and overdrive the electronic components?
And everything will be fine?

Back