Bosch PowerMax 240V Drawing Power After Complete Charge?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlamedaSparky

I just got a Bosch PowerMax (love that rebate!) and was wondering if it draws any power once the Spark automatically stops charging. The Bosch has a manual on/off switch and remains powered on even after the Spark has a complete charge. Not a problem to turn it off in the morning manually, but I was just wondering how much power it might be drawing in the on position although not charging the car. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

AlamedaSparky said:
I just got a Bosch PowerMax (love that rebate!) and was wondering if it draws any power once the Spark automatically stops charging. The Bosch has a manual on/off switch and remains powered on even after the Spark has a complete charge. Not a problem to turn it off in the morning manually, but I was just wondering how much power it might be drawing in the on position although not charging the car. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Section 3.3 of the Instructions quotes standby power as less than 5 watts. That's comparable to an incandescent night light and less than 50 cents/month.

5 watts * 720 hours/month = 3.6 kwh/month * 12 cents/kwh = 47.2 cents/month.

nozferatu said:
Do you guys think this unit will last a few years?
I certainly hope so! It honestly appears to be well built, and both Bosch and Delta are decent names, so I'm not worried.

Back