"Brake lamp" recall 2015 Spark

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReddyKilowatt

Took my 2015 Spark in this morning for intermittent problems with the Sirius XM radio (I've already talked with Sirius/XM, did the reset thing). The dealership just called to say that they have been "working on it all day" because of the brake lamp recall, the one that I should be getting a letter from GM about in the next several weeks. Hmm, anyone seen a recall letter?

And, no, the radio is not fixed yet because they need a special tool that they did not have. The recall that I did not know about is done, however.

Finally picked it up this morning (apparently it needs a new XM antenna, which will take 5 days to get). Here is the recall info:

Recall #15582: Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles - Unwanted Brake Lamp Activation - Expire with Base Warranty (Oct 14, 2015)

Models 2014-2015 Cadillac ELR, 2014-2015 Chevrolet Spark EV

This bulletin provides a service procedure to reprogram the EBCM on certain 2014-2015 model year Cadillac ELR and 2014-2015 Chevrolet Spark EV vehicles. These vehicles may illuminate the brake lamps for 1 second when the vehicle is decelerating up a 16% grade, but with accelerator input.

Back