Brush Bar/kangaroo bar for front and trailer hitch for rear

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buickanddeere

Does anybody know if the mounting holes exist on the front and rear of the Spark EV that exist on the ICE Spark . For the Kangaroo Bar on the front and a trailer hitch on the back?
Around here we have white tail deer that leap infront of vehicles. And drivers that park by feel. The last new vehicle , a Terrain .It had a rub mark on the front brush bar in four days and a rub mark on the trailer hitch in six days.
As implied the trailer hitch is for bumper protection only.

Aren't those a little heavy ?

I just park in the back 40 with my truck lol. If they want to rub my bumpers it will scratch the top of their car.

When I get my Spark EV I will be parking the same as I do with my Truck .. in the middle on no where

Our parking lots get pretty small by the end of winter with all the snow pushed up into banks. Can't avoid full parking lots. I never park at the front rows or near the door for that very reason.
I seen trailer hitches for ICE Sparks but am still in the hunt for a Roo-Bar. We are over run with deer around here.

I don't think anyone is making a hitch receiver yet - which I'm bummed about as I want one for my bike rack which I use on our other vehicles. I ordered and tried installing the Curt Manufacturing 11316, but discovered that the frame seems totally different between the regular Spark and the Spark EV.

mtbhead said:
I don't think anyone is making a hitch receiver yet - which I'm bummed about as I want one for my bike rack which I use on our other vehicles. I ordered and tried installing the Curt Manufacturing 11316, but discovered that the frame seems totally different between the regular Spark and the Spark EV.
That is bad news, I was planning on ordering that hitch, I have a hitch on all of my cars for bike rack and cargo tray, that allows me to skip the trailer most of the year. Amazon lists that hitch as "fits" for the EV. Please follow up if you get it to fit or maybe post a picture of how it fits (or doesn't fit)

mtbhead said:
I ordered and tried installing the Curt Manufacturing 11316

Thanks for the part number.

I want a hitch pretty badly. How far off was it? Could it be reverse engineered?

I just put in a tech support call to Curt. We shall see.

It was "very" far off. From my perspective, you'd be better off making your own from scratch. Or, just get a roof rack and call it done (what I did). Then you can install bike carriers, extra cargo carriers, Kayak carriers, etc. Not as aero though... I got this one:
Rhino-Rack RKCHSPK14E - Complete System, Rectangular Euro Bars

It was easy to install, and I was able to use my old Thule Lockjaw bike carrier.

Tdk408 said:
mtbhead said:
I ordered and tried installing the Curt Manufacturing 11316

Thanks for the part number.

I want a hitch pretty badly. How far off was it? Could it be reverse engineered?

I just put in a tech support call to Curt. We shall see.

Back