Cabin Temp Drains Battery even when AC is OFF???

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please see my resonses below in blue.

Maybe you're just experiencing WINTER.
Per my original post, "Very next day I tried lowering the climate temp to close to ambient (still no fan/AC/defrost) ~ 65 F and viola! 5.2 mi/kwh."
The variable here is not the season/ambient temperature; I have tried this in the same climate - only varying the climate air temp.

If power is being used by the cabin coolant heater element wouldn't the air coming out of the vents be at least slightly warmer than outside air?
That is a good question. I have not noticed this specifically. Seeing as though the fan is not on, I dont have much air coming out of the vents either way.

Although that coolant pump would need to be running to bring the warm coolant into the cabin heater core. Without coolant flow bad things might happen.
Can you tell if that is happening?
I believe the cabin coolant heater is located on top of the drive unit. I can test that with the touch test.
Good comment, I am not sure where the coolant heater is in this car; I will take a look when I get a chance!

Back