Car Tech : Chevy Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake

Car Tech : Chevy Spark EV
Chevrolet gives the Spark a plug-in motor and will also unveil iPhone Siri integration at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2012.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBpog3xkIJM

Interior of a Chevy Spark EV
images-6_zpsf751f276.jpg

Nice pics, very educational.

I just don't really understand why are the batteries stacked one on another in Chevy Spark when they could've installed them on the floor horizontally and that way the Spark would have a lot more room and would have the front and the back trunk free for use.

Jimmy said:

I just don't really understand why are the batteries stacked one on another in Chevy Spark when they could've installed them on the floor horizontally and that way the Spark would have a lot more room and would have the front and the back trunk free for use.

It's probably because of the space required for front and rear motor engine. You are probably thinking of Tesla S type vehicle, but that kind of vehicle is only possible if it is a fully electric technology whic is not what Chevy Spark is.

McHale said:
Jimmy said:

It's probably because of the space required for front and rear motor engine. You are probably thinking of Tesla S type vehicle, but that kind of vehicle is only possible if it is a fully electric technology whic is not what Chevy Spark is.

Yep, you guessed it. I overlooked the fact that Chevy Spark has two engines too.

Back