Chevrolet Spark EV is Pure, Electric Fun

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyfan

Competitively priced under $25,000 with tax incentives

Expected range among best in EV segment
Advanced, U.S.-built motor and drive unit deliver best-in-class acceleration
Two seven-inch, high-resolution LCD screens display key vehicle functions and infotainment
Initial markets include California, Oregon, Canada, South Korea and other global markets
Optional SAE Combo DC Fast Charging capability enables Spark EV to charge to 80 percent in 20 minutes

LOS ANGELES – The 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV, introduced today ahead of the Los Angeles International Auto Show, packs smart performance and connectivity technologies into an affordable five-door urban mini car designed to make the trip as electrifying as the destination. It will be priced under $25,000 with tax incentives.
With the Chevrolet Volt, Chevrolet accounts for more than 50 percent of all plug-in electric vehicle sales in the United States and Spark EV builds on Chevrolet’s proven electric motor and battery development programs. When it goes on sale next summer, the Spark EV is expected to have among the best EV battery range in its segment and be the first electric vehicle to offer SAE Combo DC Fast Charging capability, enabling the Spark EV to reach 80-percent battery charge in just 20 minutes.

“When you engineer a technology-filled, all-electric mini car that goes from zero-to-60 mph in less than eight seconds, customers won’t miss the gas,” said Mark Reuss, president, General Motors North America. “The Volt and now the Spark EV show that Chevrolet not only knows EVs better than anyone else, we also know how to help customers get the most out of their EV experience.”

Inside the Spark EV, critical vehicle functions are clearly and intuitively displayed on one of the vehicle’s two reconfigurable, high-resolution, seven-inch color LCD screens, including a confidence gauge that shows the expected driving range based on driving habits and other conditions.

Spark EV also will keep urban drivers musically connected with Chevrolet’s exclusive MyLink radio that comes standard and safely brings smartphone-based infotainment – including apps for BringGo full-function navigation, TuneIn global internet radio, Pandora and Stitcher – into the vehicle. Apple’s Siri will ride shotgun, for customers with compatible (4S and newer) iPhones.
In addition to previously announced markets including California and South Korea, Spark EV will also go on sale in participating dealerships throughout Oregon, Canada and other global markets. Spark EV will be eligible for coveted high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes in California.
Read more in Spark EV forum.

I'm excited to see what the electric-only range of the Chevy Spark EV will be, if it's supposed to be better than it's segment.

I still can't believe that you are going to be able to recharge the Chevy Spark in 20 minutes to 80 percent of its capacity.I mean that is just fast especially when you consider what the "experts" have been saying just a few years ago.

If the technology continues to rise exponentially like this who knows how fast we are going to have long range cheap EV galore.Especially when the big guns start everything they have to R&R.

The 20 minutes charging time is really incredible! I dont know if any car other than Chevy Spark EV has this capability.

20 minutes indeed is a incredibly short recharging time and the makers of Chevy Spark can be really proud of themselves with that one!

Hope they continue with the great job they are doing...

I'm still surprised at the price of Chevy Spark which is definitely a great price for a car of this class.I mean when you count in the money you can save up on gas as much as the cost of the car if you drive it long enough.

Back