Chevrolet Spark EV to go on sale in Maryland this Spring

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ezryder said:
TonyWilliams said:
ezryder said:
The question is whether there will be a 2016 Spark EV AND if they will increase the range at all.

Since GM lowered the battery capacity from 19kWh (2014 model year) to 18kWh usable (2015 model year), you have to seriously consider that they will not turn around and make it go further.

It doesn't have to longer range because I t meets the regulatory minimum for CARB-ZEV compliance with shorter range.

We drove the 2014 Spark at 62mph for about 97 miles total range, and the 2015 Spark (with smaller battery) only drove 89 miles to absolute dead.

I talked toa (knowledgeable) sales guy at the dealership just now and he says that the difference in 2014 and 2015 batteries is that, yes, they made the battery a little smaller but reconfigured the cells on the 2015. The result is that a 2014 will have better "highway miles" and less "commuter miles" than a 2015 who will fare worse on long drives at 62mph but fare better in stop and go traffic at slower speeds. Which is something I read somewhere else, as well.

I'm confident that is what they want you to believe.

Back