Chevy uses Spark EV to demo TuneIn app at CES 2013

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake

Found an article for Spark EV forum.

Bolstering the trend of app integration in cars, Chevy showed how it is integrating the TuneIn Internet radio app into its future cars. For CES 2013, Chevy unveiled a Spark EV with the new app integration.

Chevy's new Spark mini-car comes with a touch screen and the MyLink infotainment system in upper trim models. MyLink allows connectivity with smartphones for phone calls and music playback. At launch, it also introduced Pandora and Stitcher app integration.

Chevrolet Spark EV
2013 Chevrolet Spark review
Chevrolet MyLink hands-on

The TuneIn app will give drivers access to 70,000 radio stations around the world. To use it, drivers will need to have TuneIn running on an Android or iOS device, connected to the car through Bluetooth or USB cable, with an active Internet connection.

Chevy has also been demonstrating a navigation app, BringGo, running on a smartphone with display and control through the car's touch screen. BringGo integration should be available this year.

Chevy says the TuneIn integration will be available later this year in Spark and Sonic models.

The Spark EV was introduced at the recent Los Angeles auto show as a 2014 model, to go on sale this year. It will come standard with MyLink.

70000 is a great number of channels. I dont think much will be left once you have access to 70000 channels in your Chevy Spark EV.

Chevrolet is really making the Spark a hard car to ressist with all the gadgets its putting in the car.

Does anybody have more info on the apps that the Spark is going to have?

McHale said:
Chevrolet is really making the Spark a hard car to ressist with all the gadgets its putting in the car.

Does anybody have more info on the apps that the Spark is going to have?
Hey! Welcome to Spark EV Forum. I'm kind of new in the forum too so I dont have much info. But I'm sure if you check the articles you'll find everything you need.

Back