Comparing EV Distances: LEAF vs Spark

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

Electricbowtie said:
List is up to 16 Spark EV's now with someone with 114 miles in a 24 hr span. Pretty cool.

I've driven my LEAF 370 miles in a day, in June 2012, from California to Washington, 12 hours total. The next day, I did the same across Washington state to Canada.

Almost the same distance in the Rav4 EV, but over more time.

27928567.jpg

On Electric Avenue in Portland, Oregon, June 2012

Nashco said:
Tony, this is a thread about Spark EVs in a forum about Spark EVs. Please stay on topic.

Bryce

What he omitted saying was that he would have gone 450 miles if he had been driving a Spark EV. :mrgreen:

Blackmamba said:
Nashco said:
Tony, this is a thread about Spark EVs in a forum about Spark EVs. Please stay on topic.

Bryce

What he omitted saying was that he would have gone 450 miles if he had been driving a Spark EV. :mrgreen:

Yes, I omitted that because it's blatantly not possible ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD with a Spark EV.

I was able to do that almost two years ago in a LEAF.

For the uninitiated, the Spark EV has an onboard 3.3kW charger, the same as the LEAF pictured above. Newer LEAFs have an optional 6.6kW charger. They charge at the following speeds with a 65mph drive with no heater on flat terrain:

----------------3.3kW ------------ 6.6kW
Spark EV ---- 15 miles/hr ------ N/A
LEAF --------- 12 miles/hr ------ 22 miles/hr

But, the real issue for a long haul is the lack of Frankenplug DC quick charge installations for Spark EV (if you paid to have the optional $750 plug installed) There are 5 Frankenplug stations in the entire USA.

There are currently 550 CHAdeMO DC quick charge stations that Nissan LEAF can use.

Back