Cracked windshield :(

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bro1999

On my commute into work this morning, I see a couple of dump trucks (f___ you!!) merge onto the highway, and soon after, I hear this sickening *CRACK*. After parking at work, I see that a rock from one of the GD dump trucks smashed into the upper-middle part of the windshield, and a 6-8 inch crack had formed.

Does anyone know if the Spark EV windshield is the same one as the gas Spark?

Both times in my life my windshield has been cracked, and both times it was due to a freaking dump trucks spraying rocks all over the place from behind.

Update: it seems the windshield for my '16 Spark is a special order part, and the glass repair co said it would take a week for the part to be delivered (this according to 2 dealerships they contacted). Is it coming from Korea or something??

Very frustrating, as I just had Spark-eee appraised by Beepi, and it was about to be listed for sale on their website. Now this windshield replacement may throw a monkey wrench in my plans.

Maybe the dump truck is telling you to stay with Sparky. If something happens again before you sell it, the conspiracy could be more wide spread than just that dump truck.

But what I wonder is can you drive with cracked windshield, or do you get pulled over?

SparkevBlogspot said:
But what I wonder is can you drive with cracked windshield, or do you get pulled over?

In California, the answer is technically, no. However, if it is a single 6-8" crack, it is unlikely that a citation would be issued if that is the only equipment violation. I have a couple beaters with cracks in the windshield, one is clearly more significant than what bro1999 described. So far, no problem. And even if I were cited, it would be treated as a "fix-it" ticket which is generally dismissed upon showing proof of correction.

Back