Dream Spark EV Layout - How would it change things?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nozferatu

I was thinking how great it'd be if this car was RWD. Handling, acceleration, etc would all improve greatly IMO.

Before anyone gets excited and starts saying it'd never happen because of costs, etc...granted. This isn't about reality more than it is about just wondering how this car would be transformed if it were indeed RWD and some extra power/torque were squeezed out of this thing.

There are all sorts of challenges to make that happen clearly but I'd bet this thing would be a real rocket if traction wasn't such an issue, suspension was improved, and larger sets of rims and tires were fitted.

Shame Bismoto type firms don't' take on such challenges. It'd be fun.

There already is a car like that, the BMW i3. Similar specs to the Spark EV, except price....

But some people live where there is snow and ice and need a FWD EV.

Besides, have you seen the costs to replace those goofy 145 tires on the i3?

NORTON said:
There already is a car like that, the BMW i3. Similar specs to the Spark EV, except price....

But some people live where there is snow and ice and need a FWD EV.

Besides, have you seen the costs to replace those goofy 145 tires on the i3?

Besides being RWD, the i3 would be a different beast than the Spark being RWD.

I'm not talking about practicality anyway, I'm simply thinking about what it would be like.

The Spark doesn't need ridiculous wheels like the i3 either...those are very specially designed and probably extremely expensive.

Back