Error using the OnStar RemoteLink iOS app

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcmann

Is anybody else out there having a problem when trying to login to the iOS OnStar RemoteLink app? When attempting to open it prompts that there is a new update that you're required to install before using the application but when you go to the app store it's the same version that is already installed (v1.9.0) and get you get caught in a loop? It worked perfectly fine a couple of hours ago... See picture below:

6433a4f88ea5ee0c90b06e4d09fb0a4c_zps02179057.jpg

I'm getting the same exact error, except on Android. Hopefully Chevy's developers get their act together. The My Chevrolet app and BringGo isn't supported on my latest version of Android. I also like how their website says "For optimal functionality, always use the most updated phone operating system and app software available."

wutangmo15 said:
I'm getting the same exact error, except on Android. Hopefully Chevy's developers get their act together. The My Chevrolet app and BringGo isn't supported on my latest version of Android. I also like how their website says "For optimal functionality, always use the most updated phone operating system and app software available."
Looks like it's working now. It appears they are doing some updates on the backend that was affecting the ability for the clients to connect. Bizarre error to receive though... :roll:

markcmann said:
wutangmo15 said:
Looks like it's working now. It appears they are doing some updates on the backend that was affecting the ability for the clients to connect. Bizarre error to receive though... :roll:

Is everything working with your app? I'm not able to refresh the car so my app is basically useless right now.

Is everything working with your app? I'm not able to refresh the car so my app is basically useless right now.
It's hit and miss ever since I first got the error. I can sometimes login but I'll receive an error that it can't connect to the car to refresh the status or send a remote start but it will still actually start the car anyway. I think I will call OnStar to report the problem.

markcmann said:
It's hit and miss ever since I first got the error. I can sometimes login but I'll receive an error that it can't connect to the car to refresh the status or send a remote start but it will still actually start the car anyway. I think I will call OnStar to report the problem.

OK, that's the same thing I'm getting. I hope they fix it soon.

markcmann said:
I contacted OnStar to report the issue and after they transferred me to Technical Support the Analyst put me on hold for about five minutes and said she sent my car an update (she couldn't tell me specifically what the "update" was), had me reboot my iPhone and re-launch the RemoteLink app and lo and behold the app logged in successfully and I was able to refresh the car's status without the annoying "Unable to refresh data...(210)" error. She also stated that since the backend updates started they have had other customers calling in with the same issue. My suggestion is to call OnStar and go through the same steps. Good luck.

I also use iPhone (iOS 6), RemoteLink version 1.9.5 (170). App usually works but I occasionally get a cant connect now error. If I wait a while and try again it will work. I'd say that app reliability is 90%. Probably not the app itself but intermittent network issues with OnStar.

Has anybody noticed the "Lifetime" MPGe value on the iPhone OnStar RemoteLink app is goofy? Mine currently shows "Lifetime" values of 214 MPGe over 318 miles. I've only been checking it over the last few drives, but MPGe seems to be going up and and up and up! I like to believe I'm a super duper hypermiler when I need to be, but I know I'm not that well behaved, especially with this new car!

Also, this is only an annoyance but I think it's worth mentioning in case others bring it up in the future. The "Since Full Charge" info resets to 0 MPGe and 0 miles once the battery is fully charged (even while still plugged in). It sure seems like this should not reset until you are actually unplugged.

To clarify, I have iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4 and RemoteLink version 1.9.6 (876).

If others could report that they have the iPhone app, higher vehicle miles, and some useful number for "Lifetime" MPGe I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bryce

Nashco said:
If others could report that they have the iPhone app, higher vehicle miles, and some useful number for "Lifetime" MPGe I would appreciate it.

Bryce

I have the same issue, at some point in the past the lifetime MPGe changed to 250+, not sure why but it had at one point corrected itself but as of today it's back to showing 250+ MPGe? I'm running RemoteLink v1.9.6 on an iPhone 5s running iOS v7.0.4.

Nashco said:
Has anybody noticed the "Lifetime" MPGe value on the iPhone OnStar RemoteLink app is goofy? Mine currently shows "Lifetime" values of 214 MPGe over 318 miles.
To clarify, I have iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4 and RemoteLink version 1.9.6 (876).

I have the same or a similar issue with the Android app. Last sample I took shows:

Lifetime MPGe 1997, Miles 1722.
Since Full Charge MPGe 136, Miles 83.

RemoteLink version 1.95 (1047)
Android Version 2.3.4 on T-Mobile G2.

I have the iPhone app and mine reads 123 MPGe and 7775 miles. Since my charging is all free I don't even try to get good numbers so I think it would be easy for other people to do better.

Still goofy. I went from 217 MPGe at 325 miles to 74 MPGe at 367 miles. I'm monitoring it to see if I can spot a trend to help OnStar debug it, if anybody else notices a trend feel free to chime in.

Meanwhile, has anybody used the "Nav" feature in the app? That also doesn't work for me, I can't search any destinations; I just keep getting, "Unable to connect to server."

Bryce

Mine seems to go between reading right which is in the 120s or it reads 250+.
Have no idea why it does that.

Back