FS: CPO 2015 Silver Spark EV 2LT w/DCFC in MD. 11K miles.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casualsurfer

For sale is the silver Spark EV 2LT w/DCFC I bought back in October. Only put ~3500 miles on it. Michelin Premier AS tires bought a day after I got the car. CPO transferable only through private party sale. I'm in Baltimore, MD. Asking for $12,500 OBO. Currently has just over 11K miles on the clock. PM me for contact info and pics.

What was the reason for putting 10mm wider tires on the front? Did it work well? Why after only 3500 miles? Did not like oem tires? I ask because I have had the oem tires for almost 30k miles now and I have been unimpressed. I would like Michellins, but they don't seem to make anything in the 185/55 size, so maybe going 195/55 is the answer?

CSW said:
What was the reason for putting 10mm wider tires on the front? Did it work well? Why after only 3500 miles? Did not like oem tires? I ask because I have had the oem tires for almost 30k miles now and I have been unimpressed. I would like Michellins, but they don't seem to make anything in the 185/55 size, so maybe going 195/55 is the answer?

There's quite a few tire discussions elsewhere, but yeah the consensus was that 195 was the way to go and the odo delta wasn't too badly off, so I went with that size.

My wife has been driving the Spark EV as I'm driving the Volt full time, and she doesn't care for it - she stepped on it one time and scared her :lol:

I'm really looking forward to the Model E (3) unveiling in two days' time :mrgreen:

Right on, thanks for the info.
I seem to be terrible at searching forums for info, cuz I seldom find what I want.

My wife and I have his and hers Sparks, we both really like them.
Our next car will be a bolt or a volt, tough to decide tho, since they are both so nice.

And I too can't wait to see the Tesla 3 !

Casualsurfer said:
CSW said:
.......and she doesn't care for it - she stepped on it one time and scared her :lol:

This is understandable if you've never driven a 'High Potency' FWD car.
Even with all the traction and stability control this car has, it will still kind of jerk the wheel in your hands when you 'put the spurs to it Chuck' !

So, what about the 'Wife Mod' ?
A piece of 2x4, maybe cut into a wedge if needed, with the 'hook side' velcro on the bottom to hold it in place on the carpet under the Go Pedal!
No 400 ft/lb - 130 HP for her.....at least not until she asks for it....

NORTON said:
Casualsurfer said:
CSW said:
.......and she doesn't care for it - she stepped on it one time and scared her :lol:

This is understandable if you've never driven a 'High Potency' FWD car.
Even with all the traction and stability control this car has, it will still kind of jerk the wheel in your hands when you 'put the spurs to it Chuck' !

So, what about the 'Wife Mod' ?
A piece of 2x4, maybe cut into a wedge if needed, with the 'hook side' velcro on the bottom to hold it in place on the carpet under the Go Pedal!
No 400 ft/lb - 130 HP for her.....at least not until she asks for it....

No wife mod. She wants a CUV/SUV :roll: so once the Volt is returned we'll be shopping. I'll keep the Spark EV until I can sell it, nice little backup car. I'll have an ICE car between now and when the Tesla 3 is widely available, figure 4-5 years for them to finish building that 325K orders.

Bolt. Available end of THIS year..... c'mon! You have a Chevy now! Keep it going! Chevy is tryin to get it right and they are doing very good!

Back