I want one!! Letter from GM concerning out of state Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORTON

I want my Spark EV. I'm willing to ship, just like others. But I'm waiting for clarification to the servicing statement below(my bold). I received this letter from GM on 4-29-15. I've asked twice for more info.
I am ready to pull the trigger. I just don't want any surprises...

Any ideas from 'Out of the 3 states' owners?

Dear Mr. Norton,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the Spark EV! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us and for allowing us the opportunity to assist you this morning.

In regards to your inquiry, when purchasing a vehicle, you do have the option to choose any dealership to purchase from. However, please do note that when registering the vehicle is will be register in the state you are currently resident of and unfortunately, if you are not a resident of California, Oregon, or Maryland you will not have the ability to purchase the Chevrolet Spark EV.

The current plan is to sell and register the Spark EV to residents in California, Oregon, and Maryland. There are no plans for distribution outside of CA and OR at this time, but we will continue to study and evaluate other opportunities. There will be very limited vehicle service availability outside CA, OR and MD. If you have any further questions, our Marketing Support Department can provide you with product, promotion, and incentive information, as well as assist you with locating a vehicle. If there is anything that we can assist with, please reply to this e-mail or by phone at the number listed below with your specific inquiry and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service, and welcome the opportunity to earn your business. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com

I just bought mine from a Texas dealer. Before I left, they introduced me to the service manager who said it'd be no problem to service, as it has enough in common with the Volt and gas Spark to get at most potential issues. Fingers crossed!

That sounds like a very enlightened dealer. You should share the name for any other Texans who are interested...

Back