Is this the EV new car smell?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nealr

Have any other owners noticed a strong smell in the car, especially after charging? This is not your standard
new car smell. I am an electrical engineer and it reminds me of circuits overheating. The dealer, of course, says
wait for a couple of months to see if it goes away. Neal

@ Nealr -

I'm an EE too, and my Spark doesn't have the smell that your car has. Something might be getting abnormally hot.

See if you can "test drive" another Spark EV on the Dealer's lot to see if it also smells the same way.

Nealr said:
Have any other owners noticed a strong smell in the car, especially after charging? This is not your standard
new car smell. I am an electrical engineer and it reminds me of circuits overheating. The dealer, of course, says
Nothing that I have noticed...

Nealr said:

I'm a MechE and perhaps it could be some material that was left over from assembly that they forgot to remove getting hot? Either way, have it checked out man...you don't that think catching fire in your garage.

Haven't noticed anything either with mine, and I'm quite familiar with the smell of overheating electronics, don't ask why! :lol:

Back