Just finished my first long-haul maiden voyage...

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezryder

Well... not THAT long, but more than 82 miles. Actually, almost exactly 82 miles, but I didn't want to chance it, so I got a DCFC along the way and coming back. Went smoothly!! Half Moon Bay to Napa, CA. FC in Pacifica, though I had to call in because I don't have my eVGO card, yet. Both times the operator said that the station was out of service, but it wasn't. Apparently, the ID on the unit is incorrect. Off by a letter, or something, but both times they were able to find it and get me some juice flowing.

Had a great time with the car this weekend. Loving it!

Easy to find with the plugshare app. There's not many, for sure, but barely enough to get around the Bay Area. The one in Pacifica is the one I used. Could have used one of two in Berkeley. Also one in San Rafael/Marin. There's a handful in the south bay, but nothing on the coast AT ALL, all the way from Pacifica to L.A.

I honestly don't know. I think it was, but only because I had just signed up and not gotten my card, yet. So I think they gave them to me as a courtesy. I didn't see a charge on my debit card. I went with the Flex plan, so I just pay $4.95 each time and no monthly fee. We'll see how that goes. I may change to a different plan. For me, the fast chargers are the only thing I think I will need 99% of the time. Just not sure how often, yet.

Back