Mine's almost here, can't wait!

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenDonovan

Finalized my lease deal with Rydell over a few hours via email on the road yesterday.
2015 White, 2LT, 12,000 miles for 36 months, $2940 due at signing, $83 per month. I could've stayed with $65/month with 10,000 miles but wanted some extra miles. Been driving a Volt for 2 years with 98% on electric, looking forward to the Spark EV experience.

Took delivery last night.
White 2LT :D
Some observations after driving it to work this morning:

It's not as quiet or refined as the Volt, that's to be expected.
The seats are not as comfortable, no thigh support at all.
Controls are more intuitive, though I'm very used to those on the Volt, after 2 years of course.
I'm surprised no home link buttons are available.
I looked on Chevy's website, and did not see rear camera as an option, but in a car this small that's not really necessary.
Spark EV is very nice looking, especially with the rocker panels and the spoiler and diffuser.
LoJack came preinstalled.
I miss walking up to the Volt, with fob in pocket, and just press the button on the door handle to unlock the doors, Spark EV requires taking out the fob and press unlock.
Extremely fun to drive.
It's more efficient than the Volt.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the car. For the lease terms, I'm ecstatic. :mrgreen:
I'll be looking at getting the $500 from Bosch for an EVSE, currently using a clipper creek.

Please negotiate my next lease for me.
I have no idea how you got it so low.

And yours looks just like mine:
http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3857

Congratulations!

Martin

Martin,
I didn't do any negotiation, at all. :D The ad from that dealer is prominently displayed in the thread about buying and leasing.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?158329-Rydell-Chevrolet-Spark-EV-Pricing
Beautiful car you got there! :lol:

Nice car! You are going to love driving it! I drove it and now I cannot drive my gas car much longer. But I cant just get rid of it yet. Soon enough. : )

As for the extra miles, i figured go for the cheapest and stop driving it 2.5 years in. I figured by then there will be much better electric vehicles available. 2.5 years from now will be mid 2017. Hopefully by then tesla and others have better cars!

mvly said:
Nice car! You are going to love driving it! I drove it and now I cannot drive my gas car much longer. But I cant just get rid of it yet. Soon enough. : )

As for the extra miles, i figured go for the cheapest and stop driving it 2.5 years in. I figured by then there will be much better electric vehicles available. 2.5 years from now will be mid 2017. Hopefully by then tesla and others have better cars!

I agree! Between the Volt and Spark EV, I have enough miles allowed, 27,000/year. I'm hoping to replace the Volt with either the Bolt or the Model 3.

DarrenDonovan said:
Martin,
I didn't do any negotiation, at all. :D The ad from that dealer is prominently displayed in the thread about buying and leasing.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?158329-Rydell-Chevrolet-Spark-EV-Pricing
Beautiful car you got there! :lol:

Yes, I agree. I have impeccable taste.

I see the factory rebate in your link is what made the difference. They must be losing money at that rate.
Fantastic deal, though.

Back