Misconceptions about SparkEVs

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsca72

I'm curious what misconceptions you've run into about your SparkEV.

Here's a few of mine:
"You can't take your car on the highway can you?" (Love that one!)
"Can that many people ride in your car?" (I was offering to take a total of 4 people including me.)
"Will it go that far?" (I was just going back and forth to a town 25 miles away.)
"Can it go highway speeds?" (Give me a break. It's a REAL car for goodness sake!)

Ah, It's just a glorified golf cart. (One brisk ride will quickly dispel that one)
That's a two door (Love those disguised rear door handles)
Aren't those batteries dangerous? (Far less than a tank of gasoline)
You're nuts! (Well, maybe they're right there) :lol:

I used to get all the same types of questions when the LEAF was first introduced. What's different between the LEAF now and the Spark EV is that at least on the west coast USA, there are now a lot of LEAF's and people are used to seeing them.

Nobody ever asks about the Rav4 EV. It looks the same as the million other oil burner versions, plus nobody expects a CUV size car to be electric. Even when I tell them, they want to know where the gas goes (like hybrids require). I've had people tell me that it absolutely must use gasoline, and that I just don't know that.

TonyWilliams said:
I've had people tell me that it absolutely must use gasoline, and that I just don't know that.
I can just imagine that :ugeek:
I guess you could create a "dummy" filler neck some place under the hood, but then you'd have to label it "For the Dummies" :eek:

Back