My Spark EV t-boned, damage only to rear driver side door

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcmann

After dropping my son off at school this morning, waiting to turn left onto a busy street, an older lady heading east and preparing to turn right on the same street was apparently blinded by the rising sun and t-boned my Spark EV. Luckily she was traveling at a relatively slow speed so the damage was contained only to the driver side rear door and lower rocker panel.

Hopefully it can get repaired quickly. Anyway, what a pain in the @ss...

markcmann said:
After dropping my son off at school this morning, waiting to turn left onto a busy street, an older lady heading east and preparing to turn right on the same street was apparently blinded by the rising sun and t-boned my Spark EV. Luckily she was traveling at a relatively slow speed so the damage was contained only to the driver side rear door and lower rocker panel.

Hopefully it can get repaired quickly. Anyway, what a pain in the @ss...

That really sucks...hope you get it fixed ASAP.

Out of curiosity, do you live in Burbank?

markcmann said:
nozferatu said:
That really sucks...hope you get it fixed ASAP.

Out of curiosity, do you live in Burbank?

Thanks, me too. No, close though, Simi Valley.

Ok...I ask because I saw the same colour Spark EV near my home a few days ago....I thought it may have been you.

nozferatu said:
Ok...I ask because I saw the same colour Spark EV near my home a few days ago....I thought it may have been you.
Nope, the nearest to Burbank I've been in the Spark was Sun Valley a few months back. I myself have only seen one other Spark EV, a white one on the 118 about a month or so ago. :D

Four and half days and $1770 later (paid in full by State Farm of the person who hit me) I got my Spark EV back and it looks as good as new. BTW, State Farm also paid for the gas used in my rental car as I asked them to since I would not be paying for gas if I was driving my Spark. :D

oh man, i'm sad to see that happen, but i was to say, isnt that "t-boned" expression a little overrated for a spark?... i would rather go with i-boned. :)

anyways, glad everybody's ok and you got it fixed fast.

Back