One year in...

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomadMac

I completed my first year of my three-year lease of my Chevrolet Spark EV, yesterday, driving a total of 11,134 mostly solar-powered miles. Compared to the truck that I was driving before, that gets around 22 mpg, I saved 506 gallons of gasoline and avoided producing about 9,937 pounds of carbon.

I don't have a metric for all startled jerks in BMWs I've silently blown off at stoplights.

NomadMac said:
I completed my first year of my three-year lease of my Chevrolet Spark EV, yesterday, driving a total of 11,134 mostly solar-powered miles. Compared to the truck that I was driving before, that gets around 22 mpg, I saved 506 gallons of gasoline and avoided producing about 9,937 pounds of carbon.

I don't have a metric for all startled jerks in BMWs I've silently blown off at stoplights.
IIRR you opted not to get the CCS package, as there weren't any near you at the time. Now that there are four in Marin County plus many others in the rest of the Bay Area, I wondered if you regretted not getting it, or if you only use the car on trips where it wouldn't matter?

NomadMac said:

I respect a man that talks like that. Humiliating Beemer drivers is great.

We've had ours over a year now, still under 3,000 miles, I still love it. It seems the impact on our electric bill from charging does not approach the amount we save with time of use billing, our electric company still owes us money after the dark days of December and January.

It seems to me the operating costs of this car are virtually nonexistent, at least for our case with solar panels and very little driving.

gra said:
NomadMac said:
I Now that there are four in Marin County plus many others in the rest of the Bay Area, I wondered if you regretted not getting it, or if you only use the car on trips where it wouldn't matter?

I drove to Walnut Creek last week, 98 miles in one day. I stopped at Target on the way for coffee and used the Blink at Ikea on the way home. I'm self employed so I don't have a regular commute, so, actually, I'm much more likely to need a DCFC than the average owner.

I'd like to have DCFC but don't regret it, yet. EVGo has such a goofy business model, I don't really want to do business with them, anyway.

If I'm going on longer distances, I take my wife's 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDi. Much more comfortable and I got 52 mpg at 59 mph on the freeway with the cruise control on. 550+miles to a tank!

Back