Operating windows when charging

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky94306

I recently had to fast charge and since I had no account with ev go had to call in. By the time the charging started I realized I still had the windows open because it would have been too hot for my dog inside the car

Turning charging was not an option without going thru the phone call again and re occurring the guest charge

So, question, how do you operate windows during charging

It's fine to start the car while charging. You can either step on the brake+button or just hold the button 10 seconds and get it into service mode.

I do it all the time. Helpful to watch the dash and see how many KW it is pulling. Also you can run accessories/loads like radio, cabin fan or HVAC.

Yep, I power up the car and enjoy the AC while doing a DCFC all the time.
The display is different than the power off display. You don't get the 'Completed by .. ' time, but you get to see the SOC battery icon going up, and the range number going up.

edit:
I typically see 43 - 44Kw on the regen display while powered up and doing a DCFC.
Is that what others see?

I too got curious about this "service mode" and just went out to try it. Unless I'm missing something, the 10sec press just turns the car on; there's no additional functionality. It's just a way of turning the car on without having to put your foot on the brake.

Bummed...

Typically see low to mid 40s when charging. Tapers down to about 30kw when its about 80ish pct. 10kw at 90.

The service mode turns on accessory power and is run off the 12v battery.. I think leaving it on for long enough will eventually drain the 12v battery.

I'm not sure about that. You turn the car on and this is the mode you drive it in (if it's not plugged in).

Back