Programming a new key fob

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amndrin

Hi there-

I am curious if anyone has experience with programming a new key fob- the dealership could only find one when I purchased my new Spark EV a couple of weeks ago, and just mailed me the second one. I've gone through the steps to program the new key fob in the instruction manual- but the "ready to program" notice never shows up after unlocking the driver's door 5 times with the new fob.

I called the dealership, who were essentially useless and want me to bring in the car...given that the dealership is a good 65 miles from my house, I would rather avoid doing that if I can!

Thanks in advance!

amndrin said:
Hi there-

I am curious if anyone has experience with programming a new key fob- the dealership could only find one when I purchased my new Spark EV a couple of weeks ago, and just mailed me the second one. I've gone through the steps to program the new key fob in the instruction manual- but the "ready to program" notice never shows up after unlocking the driver's door 5 times with the new fob.

I called the dealership, who were essentially useless and want me to bring in the car...given that the dealership is a good 65 miles from my house, I would rather avoid doing that if I can!

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you make them come to you instead?
It was/still kind of is, their problem of loosing the key fob. Why should you spend your hard earned KWts driving to them and waiting...
I also suspect that Volt forum may be a better help to you on this, if the dealer does not come through. It's been around longer and possibility someone already done it, is greater.
something like this?
http://gm-volt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-15002.html

Back