Remote start via key fob and/or smartphone

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSValor

Hey all, I currently use remote start via the fob AND my smart phone because the weather here in TX is horrible and I like to start the climate control beforehand. Does the Chevy Spark have one or both of these features?

I know that the Nissan Leaf has the smartphone option available with an app called "WINGS" which lets you remote start and stop charging remotely.

Thanks in advance

USSValor said:
Hey all, I currently use remote start via the fob AND my smart phone because the weather here in TX is horrible and I like to start the climate control beforehand. Does the Chevy Spark have one or both of these features?

I know that the Nissan Leaf has the smartphone option available with an app called "WINGS" which lets you remote start and stop charging remotely.

Thanks in advance

OnStar has a "Remote Link" app (at least for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) that provides several features, including starting the car. Seems likely it's also available for Android devices. So assuming you have the climate control set to the temperature want, you should be able to use your smart phone to start the car and have its interior at the temperature you want in a short period of time. Try downloading the app and have a look around.

Yep the app works great! Remote Start, Door Lock/Unlock. You can monitor the status of your charge, and so on...

ecilopaveht said:
Yep the app works great! Remote Start, Door Lock/Unlock. You can monitor the status of your charge, and so on...
Also, when remote starting from the fob or app the system will use the last setting you had the climate controls set to but if the fan was last set to off when you remote start the fan will be full blast.

Great. Thank you, guys! I currently use the Onstar app and the key fob of my Buick Regal to do remote start and I don't think I would want another car without it. It's funny how something like this would affect my future buying decision but it is.

The heated seat is enable with a toggle switch. The heated seats remain in their last selected state. If you exit the car with the heated seats on, they will be active during remote start. If you exit the car with the heated seats off, they will remain off. The remote start can NOT turn on heated seats if they were left in the off state.

Back