Returning a lease

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaconzies

Well the time has come to return my lease. I'm wondering what the experience has been like for you guys. I've heard the dealers have been difficult with the tire tread, but I was also wondering, are you required to return the portable evse, or the portable compressor/tire inflation kit? I'm probably getting another electric and would like to have one on hand.

My end-of-lease paperwork (US Bank) specifically stated that I had to return them, and the dealer at least checked to make sure the EVSE was there.

These cars are going to be sold for $8-10k, and the people who buy them aren't going to be very likely to spend $2k to install a 240 EVSE. They're going to rely on the one that comes with the car.

As for the return process itself, it was pretty easy, but I did get dinged for curb rash on one wheel and scrapes under the front air dam from steep driveways. They did an inspection about a month before the end and sent us an estimate. If you do opt to repair something, make sure you have the paperwork and submit it to the bank because they won't inspect it again after you turn it in.

I have heard that GM Financial is more lenient with the wear and tear, so your mileage may vary.

Back