Voltec Exterior Mount

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspeedracer

Instead of "purchasing" a Bosch 220 charger I opted for the Voltec unit. 7 days and sixty dollars later it showed up on my doorstep. I installed it to the side exterior of my house.

I wanted the Voltec for several reasons:
Low Price, coiled cord, cord length, light on plug and aesthetics.

IMAG0009.jpg

Nice,
so how much otherwise the Bosch would cost you and why only $60 for the Voltec? Is there a rebate on that?

I thought they offered rebate on the Bosch as well.
Thanks,

The rebate is towards a Bosch unit but they accepted the $500 towards the Voltec. It ran about $60 after tax and shipping.

I am wondering if there is a similarly priced alternative to the Voltec but with "non permanent" installation.

I have a 220V plug inside the garage for the dryer that I never use, mine is gas, so it should be ok.
I see this "Turbo Cord" advertised on the site, but it looks so dinky and doesn't even look like a charger, more like an adapter to use 220V.

Thanks,

Thanks a lot VonSpark!
This helps.
I am assuming no rebates were available for the Clipper Creek.
I am wondering what prevents someone from attaching a heavy duty cord to the Voltec and the clothes dryer plug on the other end. i.e. why does it have to be hard wired.

Back