Level 2 Charger recommendation

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ezryder said:
TonyWilliams said:
Our JESLA portable charge cable is not really direct competitors to EVSEupgrade, but if you have a 16 amp charger, that Nissan / Panasonic unit is a good one (2013 and newer... the 2011-2012 units are not recommended).

I actually have one. It's a hold-over from my Nissan LEAF days.

Our JESLA can also charge at 16 amps, 100 to 250 volts, and also 24 and 40 amps.
Hi Tony - Can you elaborate on the 2012 units not being recommended? That's what I have. What's the trouble with them? Thanks

The 2011-2012 LEAF / Panasonic built units don't work on any of the Tesla powered vehicles.

TonyWilliams said:
ezryder said:
TonyWilliams said:
Our JESLA portable charge cable is not really direct competitors to EVSEupgrade, but if you have a 16 amp charger, that Nissan / Panasonic unit is a good one (2013 and newer... the 2011-2012 units are not recommended).

I actually have one. It's a hold-over from my Nissan LEAF days.

Our JESLA can also charge at 16 amps, 100 to 250 volts, and also 24 and 40 amps.
Hi Tony - Can you elaborate on the 2012 units not being recommended? That's what I have. What's the trouble with them? Thanks

The 2011-2012 LEAF / Panasonic built units don't work on any of the Tesla powered vehicles.
Perfect. I don't have a Tesla powered vehicle. ;). I used this 2012 Panasonic unit twice this weekend and it worked flawlessly. It's very light, too. Love it!!

Back