List your miles and MPGe

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22 miles at time of purchase
139 mpge at 879 miles
11 days, 7 commutes, 8 mountains
197 mpge 103 miles, 17.4 kWh, today
according to OnStar app. And MyLink display

Update: I got the landlady to let me put in an outlet near her garage door. Even had it put on the inside of the garage and the electrician cut a hole thru her wall and inserted a sleeve and made the ends look pretty, so now I have my portable - truly portable - Panasonic EVSE (from evseupgrade.com) - hanging in the garage until I need a charge; then I just pull the J1772 end thru the hole - the EVSE won't fit thru it. No one can steal it, and it's kinda cool.

As for range, I've hit 95 miles on one trip, due to traffic. The next time I did the same trip - doing 70-75 most of the way - I got only 70 miles out of it. Outside of that trip, my numbers are always in the 4's or even 5's, kw's. Or is it kwh's? I really can't wrap my head around all of that, for some reason. Amps, watts, kw, kwh...

I have about 900 miles on it, at this point. I haven't downloaded the OnStar app, yet, so I don't know what my mpge is. I haven't delved into OnStar at all.

Finally setup my OnStar app. Pretty cool!! My Efficiency (Lifetime):

MPGE: 128
MILES: 1,183

ezryder said:
As for range, I've hit 95 miles on one trip, due to traffic. The next time I did the same trip - doing 70-75 most of the way - I got only 70 miles out of it. Outside of that trip, my numbers are always in the 4's or even 5's, kw's. Or is it kwh's? I really can't wrap my head around all of that, for some reason. Amps, watts, kw, kwh...

If your microwave oven draws 1,000 Watts, and you run it for one hour (enough to destroy anything!) that's a kilowatt hour.

The car gives you what I call a score every time you shut it down, your score is telling us how many miles you drove for each kWh used. You've got about 20 kWh in the battery, if you could get 5.2 mi/kWh for a whole charge that would be 104 miles range.

I always have to drive up a very steep hill to get home, and most of my trips are very short, like to grocery stores within 4 miles, so that climb up the hill really cuts into my overall average, which is 4.4mi/kWh. Lately I've been consciously trying to be lighter on the volt pedal, and I've got my average range estimate after a full charge back up to 85.

nozferatu said:
17000 miles, 5.5 miles/kWh, 1 year of ownership.
Do you ever take it on the highway? Ever get above 50mph? With those kinds of miles, you almost have to be. I drive in L all the time - including the highway. I try not to go over 60-70; mostly 60-65. I hit 5.x regularly, but just short trips to the store a mile away, kind of thing. I'm happy to be in the mid-high 4's on a normal drive. I think my commute today was 4.8- and that's up a few miles of steep and hill, and back down again, both ways.

5.5 miles/kWh... how are you getting that value? The OnStar app only shows miles and MPGe. If you're reading it off the dash, isn't that only since your last start? It's not that I'm doubting you; I'm just trying to understand.

ezryder said:
nozferatu said:
Do you ever take it on the highway? Ever get above 50mph? With those kinds of miles, you almost have to be. I drive in L all the time - including the highway. I try not to go over 60-70; mostly 60-65. I hit 5.x regularly, but just short trips to the store a mile away, kind of thing. I'm happy to be in the mid-high 4's on a normal drive. I think my commute today was 4.8- and that's up a few miles of steep and hill, and back down again, both ways.

5.5 miles/kWh... how are you getting that value? The OnStar app only shows miles and MPGe. If you're reading it off the dash, isn't that only since your last start? It's not that I'm doubting you; I'm just trying to understand.

I drive a lot of freeway miles. Probably about 70%..and yes I cruise at around 65 most of the time.

I'm not light footed. I don't drive aggressively but I do step on it quite often.

My method is to feather much of the time in L and while accelerating try and keep the kW below 10-15. But I gun it often as it's too fun not to.

My OnStar shows 151 MPGe since inception. But on 60-70 mile trips it also shows 175-210 MPGe often.

Short trips to the store range from 4.5-5.5 mi/kWh.

I'm very happy with my mileage and I rarely get below 102 miles of range after full charge.

I don't have a smart phone and can't use the OnStar Ap. How can I get the MPGe data for my 2015 Spark ev?

2096 miles. > 100 miles per full charge

For those who live up the hill, as do I, avoid a full charge at home. Leave room in the battery to get use of regenerative braking when you descend that hill down to the real world.

As of today, I'm at 133 MPGe and 2127 miles. My ICE car has a dead battery, because I haven't driven it in two months. :) So, I'm doing 1,000 miles a month and I work from home most of the time! Looks like I'll be running over the 10,000/yr limit on the lease...

nozferatu said:
ezryder said:
nozferatu said:

I drive a lot of freeway miles. Probably about 70%..and yes I cruise at around 65 most of the time.

I'm not light footed. I don't drive aggressively but I do step on it quite often.

My method is to feather much of the time in L and while accelerating try and keep the kW below 10-15. But I gun it often as it's too fun not to.

My OnStar shows 151 MPGe since inception. But on 60-70 mile trips it also shows 175-210 MPGe often.

I'm very happy with my mileage and I rarely get below 102 miles of range after full charge.

I'm still trying to figure out how OnStar can give you a 175-210 MPGe on a 60-70 mile trip, going 65 mph. I'm thinking it must be 2014, and if so, wow, I wish I was able to find a 2014 when I leased mine, (I tried to find one, but they were all gone in late January). My tires are at 33, cold. Maybe I should goose them to 35? Right now I'm showing 155 MPGe against 61 miles, most of which were under 50 mph - though about 10 miles of it was up a steep hill and another 10 down the same hill. But my lifetime MPGe is 133.

ezryder said:
I'm still trying to figure out how OnStar can give you a 175-210 MPGe on a 60-70 mile trip, going 65 mph. I'm thinking it must be 2014, and if so, wow, I wish I was able to find a 2014 when I leased mine, (I tried to find one, but they were all gone in late January). My tires are at 33, cold. Maybe I should goose them to 35? Right now I'm showing 155 MPGe against 61 miles, most of which were under 50 mph - though about 10 miles of it was up a steep hill and another 10 down the same hill. But my lifetime MPGe is 133.

I'm not sure how the calculations work to be honest but over the last 7000 miles I've averaged 5.6 miles/kWh...which translates to almost 180 MPGe.

I'm running 37 PSI on my tires but even a 4 PSI drop shouldn't take you down that far. It's driving style probably. I don't punch it much but when I do it's pedal to the metal.

Where are you getting that over the last 7,000 miles you're averaging 5.6kWh? I don't have that information on the OnStar app. Is what you see on the dash a lifetime #? I thought it was just since resetting the trip odometer.

I now have 3600 miles and a lifetime mpge of 132, though that seems off a bit, since I'm always seeing #'s like 143+ for my "Since Full Charge". Thing is I'm putting on a lot more miles than I expected - 1,200/mo. At this rate I'll be going over miles by 30 months. But... the lease is so cheap, ($85/mo including taxes), that I could just trade the car in at that point - right when the Bolt should be out... Or the Model 3. (yeah, right)

I clicked over 1000 miles today. I've got a lifetime MPGe in the app of 124MPGe.

I reset the stats in the car when I picked it up, and now at 1000 miles it's showing an average of 4.8mi/kWh (208 Wh/mi).

On any given drive it's pretty easy to keep it above 5.5mi/kWh if I want, but usually I'm not that careful. :D My driving is mixed city/freeway with some climate control usage.

My miles to go bubble has been slowly increasing since I bought the car, this morning it was at 90 miles.

ezryder said:
Where are you getting that over the last 7,000 miles you're averaging 5.6kWh? I don't have that information on the OnStar app. Is what you see on the dash a lifetime #? I thought it was just since resetting the trip odometer.

I'm getting it from my trip computer.

According to Onstar my lifetime is currently at 151 MPGe @ 19196 miles. My "Since Full Charge" readout is 189 MPGe for the last 23 miles.

Back